PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed. Please

kel1983
20-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi
I have been contacted my a parent who was enquiring about childcare with me. Unfortunately I wasnt in and she has left a message on my answer machine.

I have tried to contact her back but I keep getting her voicemail. Is it rude of my to text her with my mobile number just incase she didnt listen to my voicemail? I know some people dont listen to their voicemail if they are low of credit.

I was thinking of texting her a quick message to confirm I have vacancies for her child and let her have my mobile number which I am more likely to be contactable on.

This is my first enquiry so im a little unsure where to go next.

Also I am worried I wont ask the correct questions or give the right amount of information across to the parent. Im hoping they will prompt me by asking me the right questions. Has anyone got any advice with dealing these enquiries? Any advice would be greatfully received.

Thank you in advance

flora
20-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't think it was rude,

you can just say you tried calling and got voicemail so thought you would try making contact another way. Then at the end of the day it 's up to her to reply.

I always make a list by the phone of all the things i want to know.

Basics that spring to mind are ages, hours required, any special needs or requiremnts, do they go to pgroup or school.

I amsure someone can add to my list :D

Louise B
20-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I would definitely text, and if I was the parent, I'd appreciate you trying to contact me, it would feel like you were keen and interested. Go for it!! :) Good luck.xxx

SparklingGems
20-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I have done this myself a few times think people are more likely to read texts than a voicemail.

I always forget to ask mums name and childs name it does help when they come for visit.

Hours needed
Special requiments
Most parents will tell you staright away what they require my advice would be to write it all down because its hard once you come off the phone to remeber what was said

The Juggler
20-09-2010, 09:35 PM
my dh never listens to his voicemail - or replies to texts come to that:laughing: :laughing: so yes I would text - you've got nothing to lose honx

kel1983
21-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Thank you very much for you kind replies and great advice

I think I willl end her a text this morning just to confirm I have the vacancies and see what happens.

Thanks again :)