PDA

View Full Version : Food Hygiene Inspector Coming

AliceK
20-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi

Can anyone tell me what they will be looking at / for. I'm pretty sure everything is fine but I don't have a food temp probe, never seen the need for one. Will they mark me down if I don't have one?

Not sure when she's coming yet as she's going to make an appt but will be soon I suspect. I don't know why I'm panicking I'm meticulous about hygiene but I'm just scared that using common sense is not enough. I've never yet poisened anyone.

xxxxx

sarah707
20-09-2010, 10:12 AM
If you don't have something the inspector wants to see then s/he will tell you what to buy so you don't need to go rushing out buying stuff.

It's good practice to probe food - just because it is steaming does not mean it has reached 75c on the inside.

It is good practice to note your fridge temp as well.

Do you have a copy of safer food better business for childminders? It's a free booklet and you will get lots of info from there.

hth :D

AliceK
20-09-2010, 10:23 AM
If you don't have something the inspector wants to see then s/he will tell you what to buy so you don't need to go rushing out buying stuff.

It's good practice to probe food - just because it is steaming does not mean it has reached 75c on the inside.

It is good practice to note your fridge temp as well.

Do you have a copy of safer food better business for childminders? It's a free booklet and you will get lots of info from there.

hth :D

Hi Sarah

Yes I have this booklet and I've filled it out and reviewed it last month. I have a fridge thermometer and record it every day on my daily safety sheet it's just a food probe I don't have but as long as I don't need to panic then I will go and get one if she says I need one. Just hope I have got everything else covered. Got different chopping boards, knives etc. Always use antibac wipes for the sides, kitchen towel to dry my hands, know about storing food correctly in fridge, most of it is common sense I think.

Thanks Sarah

xxxx

scamp
20-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Please let me know if you would like a copy of my food hygeine documentation which covers buying/storing/cooking/freezing/waste disposal.

It is specific to my setting but the EH inspector liked it and it could easily be adapted to any setting.

Alibali
20-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Please let me know if you would like a copy of my food hygeine documentation which covers buying/storing/cooking/freezing/waste disposal.

It is specific to my setting but the EH inspector liked it and it could easily be adapted to any setting.

Sounds like a good idea:)

AliceK
20-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Hi, have PM'd you

xxx

scamp
20-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Sent to you both:)

AliceK
20-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Scamp, thank you so much. Have saved it and will have a good look through it this evening.

Thanks again, much appreciated

xxx