PDA

View Full Version : 8yr old Mindee Just Told 3yr DD No Tooth Fairy

VINASOL
20-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Am really upset with my 8year old mindee...

...myson (who turned 8 on sat) lost a tooth yesterday and we put some money under his pillow which he found this morning. He doesn't 'really' believe (but justs wants the money); however, mindee came downstairs with DS this morning and told my daughter who is 3 that the tooth fairy isn't real.

I kept telling him to be quiet and that it was real but wouldn't have it, wouldn't get why I didn't want him saying it.

So cross.

kindredspirits
20-09-2010, 07:24 AM
just tell your DD that the tooth fairy won't visit mindee because he doesn't believe - and if you are very clever and believe in the fairy then she will come to you. ;)

Lady Haha
20-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Can't help, but you reminded me of something funny! My son said that William in his class said there is no Santa, that it's your dad dressed up (maybe in house lol), so my son wanted to know if that was true....I said, 'well, it can't be true, cos it's only me and you who live here, so it can't be your dad dressed up can it?' Mindee in same class was here and they discussed it and as she is from one parent (mum) family too, they decided that William must be telling lies:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kind of feel sorry for William, cos at the end of the day, he's pretty much right, but now no one believes him!

I agree with above, saying that tooth fairy doesn't come for those who don't believe :)

georgie456
20-09-2010, 10:32 AM
That's really sad :(

My 8yr old mindee has recently had chat with her mum about the tooth fairy and santa. She asked and was told the truth.

Mum did warn me beforehand and I was terrified she'd blab to my 5yr old daughter but has apparantly been threatened by mum with all sorts of terrible things if she tells anyone!!!!! I'd be devastated if she told her they weren't real.

I'd also go the route of telling your daughter that if you don't believe you won't get a visit.

LOOPYLISA
20-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I agree with the above :thumbsup:

My dd believed up untill 2 yrs ish ago, shes 12 now, they grow up so quick :(

caz3007
20-09-2010, 11:32 AM
It so spoils the magic of it all when they stop believing. Liams friend who has an older brother told him father christmas didnt exisit a couple of years ago, he was only in reception and I managed to bluff my way through it.

My older DD was three years older than her brother and she was threatened with all sorts if she told him. And she did a good job untill a teenage customer in the pub we ran told him, managed to bluff it that year.

youarewhatyoueat
20-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Hopefully by the time your dd loses her first tooth she'll have forgotton what she has been told.

spowage
20-09-2010, 12:15 PM
this is weird cos my sons 3rd tooth came out on sun and he is 8 next week and we had the conversation about the tooth fairy....he thinks i leave the money! i said no the fairy does and sher takes it down the bottom of the garden to make her house ......he listened and i think he was convinced in the end but i alsi told him if you dont believe then she wont come.....a mindee has told him but i guess hes playing along!:laughing:

RedDragon
20-09-2010, 04:09 PM
When someone at school said there was no Santa/Father Christmas a friend told her son that Santa doesn't go to the boy's house who doesn't believe because he is not very well behaved - so the little boy's mum and dad have to put presents on his bed - but because my friend's son is well behaved Santa still visits.