PDA

View Full Version : job interview help

terrydoo73
19-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Have (stupidly!!) applied for a job as a Leader in a new playgroup starting up in my area and have managed to get an interview on Monday week.

Reason I am thinking of changing is that I currently work 3 days a week with twin mindees 8 am to 6 pm and would prefer to be working like 8 am to 2 pm as my daughter is in her primary 6 year at school and really needs a bit more time in the evenings for homework, after schools clubs etc. This playgroup would be working 8 am to 1 pm.

Really would love some help as to what I might be asked at the interview and if there are any tips on how to answer etc. Thanks in advance!

guest4
19-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi,
I used to be the Chairperson at a local Pre school and had to do the interviews.
One thing we were really hot on was the whole 'safeguarding' issue and what YOU would do if you had concerns about a child in the setting.
Also, some other points were:
- How you would talk to parents about their child?
- What made you a good team member?
- What you could bring into the setting?
- What you knew already about the setting? (always worth reading their last Ofsted report!!)

I hope this helps you a little, good luck in your interview!
Tracey x:)

teacake2
20-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Don't forget to sell yourself as to what you are doing now, everything that you do minding, your experience, what you know about EYFS, etc.
Others will be able to tell you more I am sure.
Good luck.
Teacake2