PDA

View Full Version : How to word a newsletter warning...

phoebe-alice
19-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Parents that if they drop their children off early they will be charged from when they come through the door? :panic:

I have a pretty difficult parent at the moment who every day without fail drops their children off early, so now I'm trying to put my foot down and charge for the time before I'm due to start.

Everyday its half an hour here, 20 minutes there. I'm actually starting to dread the hour before they are 'meant' to arrive, as I am just waiting to here the kids running down my road and walloping on my door. I wouldn't mind if they were early once in a while but not every day I feel tied down to being stuck in the house up to an hour before they arrive just incase they turn up. :angry:

Sometimes I just need a little time by myself, everybody does. So thinking if I'm going to charge them if they arrive early, that will hopefully stop her in her tracks and arrive on time. Otherwise its just a few extra pennies for me.

Has anyone any ideas on how I should word it, in need of help! Thanks everybody and look forward to hearing from you Phoebe x x

miss mopple
19-09-2010, 08:31 PM
My attendance records show that some children are repeatedly arriving earlier than their contracted hours without prior arrangement. If you would like to review your contracts in order to make a change to the hours I am required to work and ensure you are not subject to a higher overtime bill please let me know.

Any good?

Carol M
19-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I would ask her if she needs to change her contracted hours coz you will be charging a higher rate for early drop offs or late collection as you are doing other things and early/late disrupts this.
Ha Ha, I have just read miss mopple's post...... worded much better than mine!
Carol xx

Pipsqueak
19-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Have you tried not opening the door until its their time? Why NOT be out until just before they arrive. Parent would soon get the message - especially when you act all surprised and say goodness me you are early.

Why not tackle it head on though - ask the parent if they would like a contract review because you have noticed they are much earlier than the contracted stipulated time.

Spout something about Ofsted and Insurance regulations etc etc.

if you really want to put it in a newsletter

Dear Parents
I would like to remind everyone that arrival prior to contracted time may mean that I have to apply 'unarranged fees' to this time at a rate of £5 per (rounded) 15 minutes until the arranged contract time. This will be implemented as from Wednesday xxx.

Due to regulations and insurance, I have to ensure that all children are signed in and out of the setting and it has come to my attention that there has been several instances of early (unarranged) arrivals. If anyone would like to review their contracts with me so that times can be altered if mutally agreeable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please note, that if you do arrive early, i may not be ready to answer the door if at the start of the day, this means I may be getting my own family, myself and setting sorted for the day. If it is later during the day, please be aware that I may have gone out and may not arrive back until just before your contracted time.

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Agree with above

Id say ......I have noticed now that on a few occasions you have been earliera than stated in "our " contract .........If you would like to amend or update your contract let me know of any changes you would like to make .

I have a parent turning up at 8.15 instead of 8.30 .........I know dont answer the door until 8.30 i leave it locked :laughing:& ignore until im due to answer

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Have you tried not opening the door until its their time? Why NOT be out until just before they arrive. Parent would soon get the message - especially when you act all surprised and say goodness me you are early.

Why not tackle it head on though - ask the parent if they would like a contract review because you have noticed they are much earlier than the contracted stipulated time.

Dear Parents
I would like to remind everyone that arrival prior to contracted time may mean that I have to apply 'unarranged fees' to this time at a rate of £5 per (rounded) 15 minutes until the arranged contract time. This will be implemented as from Wednesday xxx.

Due to regulations and insurance, I have to ensure that all children are signed in and out of the setting and it has come to my attention that there has been several instances of early (unarranged) arrivals. If anyone would like to review their contracts with me so that times can be altered if mutally agreeable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please note, that if you do arrive early, i may not be ready to answer the door if at the start of the day, this means I may be getting my own family, myself and setting sorted for the day. If it is later during the day, please be aware that I may have gone out and may not arrive back until just before your contracted time.

May have to pinch that and stick it in mindees books :)

phoebe-alice
19-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Thats great, thank you for your help it really is much appreciated. I'm just tired of earlier starts than meant to be so sorry for my moan just want it sorted out properly hehe, I don't mean to be a nag I'm lovely really promise! :blush:

Thank you again for your help I didn't even think of anything like that so its really helped out Phoebe x x

Pipsqueak
19-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Thats great, thank you for your help it really is much appreciated. I'm just tired of earlier starts than meant to be so sorry for my moan just want it sorted out properly hehe, I don't mean to be a nag I'm lovely really promise! :blush:

Thank you again for your help I didn't even think of anything like that so its really helped out Phoebe x x

Hey you are not moaning or nagging, we have all experienced parents like that - ones that arrive early constantly (meaning you are working a little bit extra for no pay) or ones who like to stay at pick up.

helenlc
19-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I have a parent who turns up 10-15 mins early every day they come (3). I wouldnt mind but he is my early starter. He is due to arrive at 7.30 but is always here by 7.20. I wouldnt mind but they literally live 300 yds from my house!!

For a few weeks, their car wasnt working and Mum was having to get the train so asked if she could drop him at 7.15, so I said Ok. But they were arriving at 7.02 - 7.05. She would text me the night before and say Could she drop him at 7.15, so I would text back Yes.

One night she didnt text, so I set my alarm and was awake but in bed still at 7. When the door bell went at 7.02, I pulled my jeans on, and put a hoodie on over my PJ top, didnt brush my hair or put my face on, then answered the door!!! She went Oh I didnt text you did I?:laughing:

I might have to pinch the above to put in my next newsletter. Its only 10 monites early but thats 10 minutes when I am getting my childrens things ready for school, having my breakfast etc.

He is also my difficult mindee who is having the terrible 2s big time and as I have him til 5.30, I really dont need him any earlier that is necessary!!!:laughing:

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I totally agree with you my children are often brushing teeth after brecki and generally getting ready when mindees mum turns up 15 mins early

I did mention it in the newsletter ..........when i asked if she had read it she said oh no i havnt seen it grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mushpea
20-09-2010, 05:55 AM
i put out a general news letter the other week stating my christmas hols and some other reminders and also put in there a reminder that my hours are 7.30am till 6pm and that would not open the door before 7.30am,, that did the trick.

funfunfun
20-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I need to do the calander thing for xmas ..........i will let parents tell me when they need me then i will decide when i want off :)

patevans
03-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Dear Parents

I have borrowed your wording for my newsletter...thanks :thumbsup:

juejue
03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Agree with above

Id say ......I have noticed now that on a few occasions you have been earliera than stated in "our " contract .........If you would like to amend or update your contract let me know of any changes you would like to make .

I have a parent turning up at 8.15 instead of 8.30 .........I know dont answer the door until 8.30 i leave it locked :laughing:& ignore until im due to answer

What do they say when you answer the door, when they know you have been in there.
I to have parents who turn up early, but don't think I could not answer if they know I am in. Wish I could :laughing:

caz3007
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Say sorry I was just in the bathroom/hanging out the washing/ making the bed and didnt hear the door. If its when other LO's are there, you could have been helping a child in the loo, changing a nappy

Or just dont say anything at all :laughing:

patevans
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
My new parent text saying hi im early and the gate is locked my phone was actually on silent the first time and will continue to be until its time to let her in, im sick of it already and shes only been with me a week!

I told her the gate doesn't open until 7.55 but she still comes early :angry:

appleblossom
04-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I had a parent come 15 minutes early on a regular basis. I did ask them to come at the contracted time but it just kept happening. Eventually I decided I would leave getting the pushchair from the shed until 15 minutes before their contracted arrival time. Then I was down the garden a few times whilst they waited at the door. They soon started arriving at the correct time after that. Another idea is to say they will have to come in and wait with their child until you have finished doing whatever it was you were doing when they arrived early, as you need to do it before you start work. This is especially good if it is a job you are doing upstairs.