PDA

View Full Version : Help with breakfast

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:27 AM
It is only day one and im starving already

I think its my imagination to be honest - because I cant eat what I want then of course I want it

I know I am going to find it hard to eat breakfast

I dont like milk or cereal not a toast lover
Fruit is ok but not that filling

Any ideas ?

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
07-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Banana's they're quite filling.

Poached egg sandwich (wholemeal of course) ;)

Grilled bacon sandwich, with the fat cut off it's quite a healthy breakfast

I'll keep thinking for you

xxx

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I do not have much time either

Mondays would be ok and the weekend but rest of the week its impossible to cook something so it would end up for my lunch

That is one of the reasons I dont eat all day - time

Angel xx

Banana
07-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Half a melon, filled with summer fruits.

Scrambled egg on a slice of bown bread.

Porridge?

Low fat natural yoghurt with bran flakes, drizzled witha psoon of honey

Lots of healthy things to have.

xxx

Minnie Minx
07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Smelly Kippers :D :D :D

xxx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Do you like porridge? I sometimes make a big batch (with chopped apple and cinnamon) and keep it in the fridge. Just scoop out a cup and heat it in microwave with skim milk or water to make it creamy again.

And ya know what? Many, many, many times for breakfast, I have left-over dinner. I make a plate of dinner, stash it in the fridge and heat it up next morning. Anything from chicken to curry to roast pork. I'm not stuck on traditional foods for breakfast at all.

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Porridge no no no - all that milk yuk not even with water

I am fussy sorry

xx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh and because I'm weird like that, I often have chopped cucumber and ham mixed with a teensy squidge of garlic and herb or honey mustard dressing.

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:40 AM
omg tatia that is very weird yuk

xx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:40 AM
No prob. I hate milk myself. Only use a bit in porridge or a drib drab in tea. I'm lactose intolerant and have to seriously watch how much I eat.

deeb66
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Have you thought about trying to build in 4 small meals a day.....especially if you seem starving now.

Early in the morning you could have a couple of pieces of fruit just to keep you ticking over and then have something a little more substantial mid morning.....like a sandwich etc.

You could then have something mid afternoon again maybe some fruit and yoghurt or something that you like and then have your evening meal.

When I was on conventional diets I always found this worked for me.

What diet are you doing by the way....or are just just trying to cut down?

Trouble
07-04-2008, 01:30 PM
what about rice cakes and they have lots of flavours even choc ones with not as many calories

because i now eat so much ive been walking more:panic:

but im knackered so ive decided to eat less so i can walk less

good luck you can do it:clapping:

Mollymop
07-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I am like you Angel, i always miss breakfast as I don't feel like eating anything.
I think fruit is a good idea, it may not seem all that filling but if you make yourself a fruit cocktail the night before it will be delish and fill you up a bit and keep your metabolisim up X

Pudding Girl
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Are you following any particular plan Angel?

How about cereal bars? Yogurt with some fruit? if you get really organised you could have a snack plate in fridge, do it night before, and just put little bits of nibbly stuff you could grab each time you go past fridge?
SMoothies?

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Beans on toast, very filling and quick to do.
Scrambled egg.
How about fruit with yoghurt.

fionamal
07-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Poached egg on toast, its delish.

I have this most mornings as it keeps me going until lunchtime without snacking and the kids now also love it.

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I am going to try my best

Thanks everyone for the ideas

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
07-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Angel, do you like eggs? poached, scrambled, boiled, they are yummy and always fill you up, I have great weight losses when I have eggs for brekkie x

Alibali
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
loads or fresh fuit and berries smothered in mullerlight yogurt! Keeps you filled up for hours and only takes seconds to prepare.

Ali x

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes I do like eggs they are scrummy

xxx

Silverrose
07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
banna suger sanwich uuuuummmmm