PDA

View Full Version : Parental Participation

shelly2012
19-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Hiya I would like some advice our CC is looking for the above topic need some pointers.

I've done newsletters, questionaires, diaries don't know what else to do any ideas.

How do we get parents more involved in our service.

Toothfairy
19-09-2010, 11:38 AM
This is how I get parents invloved;

* 'All about Me' sheets when the child starts
* Questionaires regarding my setting & service every 6 months
* Questionaires regarding EYFS, learning journal and my planning every 6 months
* Parents comments section at the bottom of each page of the daily diary
* Parents comment sheet inside the childs learning journal
* I ask for input from parents regarding planning for their child
* Newsletters
* Open evening 2-3 times a year
* Open door policy for parents to talk to me
* Family Picnic day once every summer where myself and all my families meet up and have a picnic and games afternoon

HTH :thumbsup:

scamp
19-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I send each parent an email at the end of each day with photos and daily formative obs and general chat and questions if I have any. All the parents know to reply to this email even if just to say thank you (I drill it into them when their children first start with me and have it up in big red letters at the top of their notice board!!). Then I press print after I have received their reply and add this printout to each child's file. Instant evidence of conversation/feedback and obs on each child daily:)

Some parents are better than others at adding ideas and responding, but often those that just send a brief thankyou back to me are the ones who loove and who are welcomed to stop and chat at drop offs and pick ups.

I go through this file and reread conversations to gather information for summative assessments when necessary ie when child moves to preschool or school. I dn't do summative assessments just for the sake of it - only when there is reason to do them - as the parents have their daily emails which show ongoing progress and development

shelly2012
20-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Thank you a few good bits of advice

thanks again