PDA

View Full Version : i need a new car

sarahcoutts21
07-04-2008, 10:10 AM
well i have another two children starting which makes five plus me a the driver thats six and another child starting in june so im going to need a bigger car a seven seater (never thought id need that) and my astra not bigger enough!! i quite like the vauxhalls its all i have driven since passing my test so im keen on the Zafiras anyone got them are thay any good and reliable?

LittleMissSparkles
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
dont know sorry we have a toyota corolla 7 seater which is fab xxx

sarah707
07-04-2008, 10:12 AM
We have an 8 seater Toyota Estima - import... excellent! :D

son77
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
My brother had a zafira from new & had no probs with it.

He did find though that it was a bit on the small side, seats not very wide so when its full of car seats its a real tight fit.

Ive just brought a vw touran, seats are great in there. They are all individual & all can be moved so there's plenty of room.

Dont have much of a boot though if all 7 seats are used but ive found it ok.

fionamal
07-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I have the zafira and love it, although when all the seats are up there is hardly any boot but is big enough for a double buggy and some shopping.

I too have always had vauxhalls and wouldnt go past them.

aly
07-04-2008, 10:18 AM
We had the toyota previa which is an 8 seater and its a bit bigger than the estima.
It was a fab car and i'm gutted I got rid. df wanted me to get an estate [saab 95] which is nice but kep threatening him that when i get reg'd i want a previa again ;)

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I love our Zafira. It's been reliable, comfortable and roomy enough for us but like others have mentioned, not much boot space with all 7 seats in place.

Noodles
07-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I had a zafira but i couldnt get on with the boot space i could only fit the most basic buggies in when all of the seats were up couldnt even get a mamas and papas pliko in also altthough it was a 7 seater i found the seats smaller than a normal car seat and the back 2 were not proper seats( britax car seat was not compatible)
Another problem was with the 60/40 split middle seats meant if you want to put a baby seat on both the outside seats you cannot get anyone in or out the back without taking out the baby seat

LittleMissSparkles
07-04-2008, 12:26 PM
We had the toyota previa which is an 8 seater and its a bit bigger than the estima.
It was a fab car and i'm gutted I got rid. df wanted me to get an estate [saab 95] which is nice but kep threatening him that when i get reg'd i want a previa again ;)

I d love one of those, its the one with sliding doors isnt it ??? xxx

aly
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
yes it is, which is great when kids want to slam open the doors, usually when there is an expnsive car parked next to your :angry::angry::angry:

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I had a zafira but i couldnt get on with the boot space i could only fit the most basic buggies in when all of the seats were up couldnt even get a mamas and papas pliko in also altthough it was a 7 seater i found the seats smaller than a normal car seat and the back 2 were not proper seats( britax car seat was not compatible)
Another problem was with the 60/40 split middle seats meant if you want to put a baby seat on both the outside seats you cannot get anyone in or out the back without taking out the baby seat

I would say exactly the same about the Zafiras.
I'm looking at Caravelles at the moment. ( might only be looking for a while ) :(

Noodles
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I would say exactly the same about the Zafiras.
I'm looking at Caravelles at the moment. ( might only be looking for a while ) :(

never heard of the carvelles before just had a look they look fab especially the ones with the reversible seats and table. i want one:) :)

Jinx
07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a zafira, bought it new at xmas. (bit of a mad moment!)

We have 4 kids, the oldest being nearly 16, so don't really all go out together very much anymore. But if we do, there is enough room for all of us.
I wouldn't have bought a zafira if MY kids needed car seats as it's a tight squeeze, but for occasional use its great. During the week, its just me and the mindees, so it works out fine.

The boot is a nightmare with all 7 seats up.
Most of the time I just have one of the back seats folded down, so not a problem.
My old car was a Seat Alhambra, 7 individual seats, great boot etc, would have bought a new one, but they are far too expensive! Also the girls hated it!!!!! Called it a Loosser cruiser!!!!!!(spelling!):blush:

Good luck in your car search
Jinny x

jaja
07-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi

I love mine, but have to agree the boot is small, and watch out what type of double buggy u have to put into it, mine doesnt fit with all the seats up! so i struggle, friends got a galaxy and it seems bigger when you sit in it! go and try one and see what feels ok for you, take your double and check the boot too. I can fit a britax seat in any one my seats, and two in the boot! but when i do i am then restricted to who i place in the middle seats as you need to move them to get to the children in the back. Go and have fun trying out different cars, have fun!

Good luck

xx:clapping:

lollismum
07-04-2008, 08:49 PM
hi,
i've just bought a vw touran, and if all 7 seats are up the boot space is tiny...... can only fit a single buggy in :mad:
have to put one of the seats down to fit double pushchair in!!!
which is ok at the moment as i only have 4 mindees on my busy day!!:laughing:
let us know how you go on.
xx:thumbsup:

sarahcoutts21
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
hi i have been doing a lot of research and i was told that the zafira elegance 1.8 is the best as the seats are better more room and quite modern i was looking at an O2 plate and it was nice so i think im going to lok att he ones you have all suggested thanks for the help and i will let you know what i get i must get it soon as the two new ones start in matter of weeks