PDA

View Full Version : Booster seats

snufflepuff
18-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm looking for some booster seats. At the moment I have a big bulky highchair, an ikea highchair and a plastic booster seat with a tray that straps on to the dining chairs. It all just takes up too much room and looks messy so I need something different. Whatever it is can't have a tray because that means the dining chair can't be put under the table and sticks out too far. It also needs to have a bit of height to it.
Can anyone recommend anything?
Does anyone use the type that clamp on to the table? Are they ok? I always think the table might tip up especially on our round table and if the LO wriggles about! I suppose I could have 1 child each side on the table to balance it out hehe!!!

funemnx
18-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I've got the type that has a tray but remove it and sit toddler up to the table, he loves it as joining in the the other mindees :thumbsup:

sophiestars
18-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I also have those and remove the tray so they can be pushed up to the table. I also use the tray when they are doing finger painting etc, as I can stick it down and away they go!

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I also have those and remove the tray so they can be pushed up to the table. I also use the tray when they are doing finger painting etc, as I can stick it down and away they go!

me too. I've never used the trays, just use them to let the littlies access the main table.x

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Not sure what age children you want these for but I have chairs from Ikea that you can put a waist strap on. I find that they fit up the table and even the smaller children love them - then also come in different colours

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30090476

francinejayne
19-09-2010, 06:43 PM
They have booster seats without the tray in the next directory! They are £12 and I've got 3! I was fed up of highchairs taking up all the room, they're brill!

Zoomie
19-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I use these fisher price ones http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Feeding/Highchairs-and-Boosters/FisherPrice-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat(0058155)?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N%2FA-_-Fisher-Price%20Healthy%20Care%20Booster%20Seat

the tray removes, and is invariably in the kitchen being washed so they push in nicely at my table.

as mindees become older, i just sit them in the booster eating straight off the table.

i have three, which i bought off of ebay for about £20 ea - seem to hold their value quite well.

Carpet Monkeys
19-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I just got one today off Preloved for a quid ... blimin' bargain. Also, try looking on Freecycle people are always giving them away!

snufflepuff
20-09-2010, 08:21 AM
They have booster seats without the tray in the next directory! They are £12 and I've got 3! I was fed up of highchairs taking up all the room, they're brill!

Thanks so much that is exactly what i'm after! :)