PDA

View Full Version : triple buggy or phil & teds with buggpod or board?

sarahstanbridge
18-09-2010, 06:39 PM
hello, i have had a lady visit me today looking for care for her 15 month old little girl. if she decided she would like to use me then i am going to need a triple buggy as i will have a 12 month old, 15 month old and a 24 month old to transport out some days. i have phil and teds and wondered if i could use a buggypod on it or a buggyboard as really i dont want to get a triple as the ovelap may only have 3 or 4 times a month. has anyone done this? and how heavy going was it? thanks in advance,

singlewiththree
18-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm in a similar predicament, so will be interested in the replies, at the moment I have the 24mth old walking but he is going to get tired quickly and in the bad weather to come won't be happy

juejue
18-09-2010, 09:34 PM
hello, i have had a lady visit me today looking for care for her 15 month old little girl. if she decided she would like to use me then i am going to need a triple buggy as i will have a 12 month old, 15 month old and a 24 month old to transport out some days. i have phil and teds and wondered if i could use a buggypod on it or a buggyboard as really i dont want to get a triple as the ovelap may only have 3 or 4 times a month. has anyone done this? and how heavy going was it? thanks in advance,

I have the Phil n Ted and you cant use the buggy-pod or buggy-board.
I have tried it sorry.
You will have to hope the 2 yr is a good little walker x

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 09:49 PM
go for the buggy board. I have heard too many horror stories about buggypods falling off:panic: :panic:

juejue
18-09-2010, 09:57 PM
go for the buggy board. I have heard too many horror stories about buggypods falling off:panic: :panic:

I used a buggypod on my single pram and it was fine...... got some funny looks of everyone.
buggyboards are must better I agree, but you can not use either one on the phil n ted prams .

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I used a buggypod on my single pram and it was fine...... got some funny looks of everyone.
buggyboards are must better I agree, but you can not use either one on the phil n ted prams .

a friend of mine (and someone on here) both had stories of their buggypods falling off in the road (whilst crossing):(

onceinabluemoon
19-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I would (and did) use a triple, much safer as the 24 month old is going to get tired and maybe need a nap which would effectively stop you from going out for the day if you're relying on a buggy board.

Buggy boards don't fit on P&Ts anyway...

youarewhatyoueat
19-09-2010, 05:39 PM
why not use a bibi stroller rider, I used one and they are a really good investment as they are versatile, they are about £90 new but they are often on ebay secondhand. The newer version have more of a seat.

mrs lilly
19-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I know this is not the for sale board but I am selling a double which you can fit an extra toddler seat on the front of but remove when not required. I dont have the seat but know here you can get it. PM if you are interested :) I have it on ebay at the moment and you can see it here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320592197381&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

leeloo1
19-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I've got the same issue. I used a BuggyPod on my Phil and Teds (the horror stories about them are very old and they've been redesigned, so they're safer) for a few months and I'd say it was fine for infrequent use... as long as you don't go on buses!! It put too much strain on the brackets and I had to retighten them frequently. Also, whilst they're sold as being reclining, the metal bar at the back is very low (neck height on my 23mth old) so you can't really recline it.

I thought about the stroli rider, but my oldest ones are the 23 mth olds and I don't think its safe for that age group - plus they sleep whilst we're out sometimes...

So, I've ordered a triple ABC from New Zealand (the single with 2 extra seats) - it'll be here on Tuesday apparently, so fingers crossed its worth all the money!

AliceK
20-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I had the same problem and have ended up buying a Double Out N About Nipper and a buggy board. Works a treat. Still got my P&T's I can't bring myself to sell it. OH despairs of me I think

xxxx