PDA

View Full Version : First week over!!

Banana
07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Well I did it!!

I have gotten through my first week!! I have to confess that I had one bad day (yesterday) I had 3 roast potatoes with my roast dinner :blush: and a slice of birthday cake :blush: but woul like to add that because i'd had such a busy sunday I hadnt eaten anything all day up until 5pm when we had the birthday dinner at mums for her, most of it was fine, i had lots of nice lean pork, brocolli, sweetcorn, carrots and a bit of gravy but couldnt resist a few small roasties :blush:

Still - other than that my sins have averaged 7 per day which is pretty good I think!

My weigh in is tonight, I know that yesterday will have affected my weight loss and im dreading the scales tonight because I dont feel like I have lost anything at all! I got a feeling I might only have lost a 1lb or 2 which will totally destroy me! I have tried so hard.

But I will let you all know later what the scales say :)

Here is to another week and i am going to be good all week!!

oh BTW - this months sw magazine - any of you seen the girl that shed 3 stone in 3 months - she looks fantastic!!

The next step is I need to be excercising!!

xxxxxxxxx

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I am sure you have done ok Lana

Any amount that you have lost tonight though even if it is little is better than what would have happened if you would not have started the diet

Good luck and hope you do ok

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
07-04-2008, 10:09 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Banana you've done fantastic and 3 roasties won't have hurt you at all.

Good luck with the weight in tonight, will keep my fingers crossed that you've lost at least a couple of lbs

xx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:17 AM
1 or 2 pounds is brilliant!

Are you talking about the cover girl in blue? OMG, she looks like a model! I love that they use real SW success stories for their covers. It's so inspirational.

Banana
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah thats right - the cover girl!

Doesnt she look great! and all in 3 months! She must have excercised a lot though too! But I would love it if I could do that!

I like that they show you all the stories of other peoples success - it makes you feel like that could be you one day!

xx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I told my husband my goal is to be in the magazine, looking all professionally made over and sexy and inspirational. :laughing:

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:44 AM
They could do a whole spread on childminders losing weight, people from this forum, hehe.

Banana
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Just had bacon and quorn sausages for lunch with 3 ryvita and marmite. yummy!

Better not eat now until after my weigh in :D

x

LittleMissSparkles
07-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm really proud of you keep it up ladies xxx

deeb66
07-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Well done Lana......I am sure that your little slip won't have done too much damage.

Good luck with the weigh in tonight :thumbsup:

Mollymop
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Well done Lana, it sounds as like you are doing so well X
You'll look like the cover girl in no time X

Pudding Girl
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I am sure you'll have done fine Lana, it's alwys the weeks I stand on scales and think I know I haven't lost anything- - that I do!! lol

and don't say only 1-2lbs, I am gonna go and post a piccie of what ONLY 1lb looks like - and you'll be so thankful it's off and will never say ONLY again ;)

brb!!

Banana
07-04-2008, 01:37 PM
im intrigued.
but it looks like half a bag of sugar doesnt it :laughing:

x

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Well done for sticking to the diet.
I think it's a good idea to weigh out 1 or 2 lbs of something, it gives you a better perspective of just how much it really does weigh iykwim.

Pudding Girl
07-04-2008, 01:39 PM
ok it's up now, made it on it's own thread, so everyone will see it! ( be good if it could be stickied actually....)

emler
07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Good luck with the weigh in tonight Lana

Emler x

LittleAcorns
07-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Lana, Im waiting with bated breath, how did you do babe?? x

Banana
07-04-2008, 08:55 PM
well I've been and im totally deflated!!

I lost........ 2.5lbs. What a waste of week it felt like. But I am starting to look on the bright side now as im just going to do more excercise next week and make sure I dont eat any birthday cake!!!!

Still, I lost something.

I was seething at the woman across from me in the room though - she lost 8lbs and sat there telling us all how much alcohol she had drank and how bad she was over the weekend so she was so surprised... made me feel angry, its not her fault I suppose but still - i wasnt impressed!

Oh well, better luck next week and it was nice to have Lambroulla for company

xxxx

Lou
07-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Hunny thats still agreat result and you should be sooo proud of yourself!!!!

Thats a big weight loss, so you didnt lose as much as that other women.....who cares??

You will keep it off and you have done great xxxxxxxxxx

carolinel
07-04-2008, 10:21 PM
that's really good Lana, well done, and as my consultant would say to the woman who lost 8lbs and ate and drank loads - watch it doesn't bite you on the bum next week!

Tatia
08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh Lana, 2 1/2 pounds is fantastic! I'm hoping to goodness I have lost that much when I weigh in tonight. 2 pounds a week is what is considered safe, healthy loss. Your more likely to keep it off that way. The more weight you have got to lose, the bigger the losses can be, like the woman in your group and the woman in mine last week who also lost 8 pounds. She's got so much more to lose than I do that I don't begrudge her the extra pounds!

But I know what you mean about exercise. I so need to add some in. I haven't even had walking cos of school hols.

Don't get discouraged. What you are achieving is amazing!:clapping: You should be celebrating your victory.:thumbsup:

Tatia
08-04-2008, 08:00 AM
P.S. have you tried any of the recipes in the new magazine? The eggs florentine and turkey and red pepper burgers are fantastic!

LittleAcorns
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Lana, you worked hard and you had a brilliant weightloss, the lady who was commenting on how much she drank etc, will notice those extra syns, it will come out somewhere, although slimmimg world claim there isnt a catch up week, a lot of the ladies at my group, myself included believe that if we go over syns its shows on the weigh in plus one.

Please dont give up on it, it really does work xx

Rubybubbles
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
well done lana:clapping:

deeb66
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Well done Lana....that is an excellent weight loss.

As some of the others say.....the other lady is probably bigger than you and will loose more than you on a weekly basis....but if she carries on with eating wrong foods and drinking like that it will catch up with her!

I really think that you have done well ....you have eaten plenty , not been hungry and have enjoyed what you were eating and still lost weight.......that really is fab!

Well done.......keep up the good work

:clapping: :clapping:

Pudding Girl
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree, it'll bite her on the ass next week ;) you just watch!

If you lose more than 2lbs a week you are just losing water, what you lost is pure fat, so feel good about that! 2.5lbs off is a credible loss :)

i sts my first week and was gutted though - even though had been 100% - lost 3.5lbs the next week though :clapping: I have never racked up a huge loss like some people get, not everyone does.

Banana
21-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I need 2.5lb off tonight ladies. that will be my half stone!

wish me luck. I have tried as hard as possible! I just hope its been enough :(

Im very worried. Time of the month approaching and im feeling a bit fatter round the middle.

i'll let you know how i do.

x

Lou
21-04-2008, 01:01 PM
ood luck hun, i am also hoping for my 1/2 stone tonight fingers crossed

Mollymop
21-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Good luck babe, I bet you have achieved it!

deeb66
21-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Good luck lana

I am keeping everything crossed for you :thumbsup:

Tatia
21-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Wishing you luck!

flora
21-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for you lana :thumbsup:

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Wishing you heaps of good luck Lana

Angel xx

Banana
21-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I only managed the 2lb :(

I couldnt believe it. I got off the scales and said 'can i have another go, they cant be right'

but they were :(

Have to wait til next week for my half stone award now.
xxx

Lou
21-04-2008, 09:28 PM
2lbs is fantastic Lana just remember that xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh well done to you Lana

You are going to be nice and slim when we meet you just see

Well done

Angel xx

Banana
21-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks - really slow progress though!! I was hoping to be closer to 10lb by now.

Oh well, 6.5lb so far is ok. It does feel good to have lost that, but i have done half a stone in a week before (on slimming world and when not eating) just dont know why its so slow!!

x

Lou
21-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks - really slow progress though!! I was hoping to be closer to 10lb by now.

Oh well, 6.5lb so far is ok. It does feel good to have lost that, but i have done half a stone in a week before (on slimming world and when not eating) just dont know why its so slow!!

x

because you are doing it properly and eating well and this way you will keep it off!!!!

You are doing great!!!!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:36 PM
The way you have to look at it though is if you would not have lost that much by now you would have no doubt have put it on

So its better than not being on a diet

I think you are doing really well and it can be slow going

Do some excercise thats what im going to do anyway it will come off faster

Angel xx

Banana
21-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I know Angel!!

Lou - you didnt say how you did?

Did you get your half stone chick?

xxxx

charleyfarley
21-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Lana you are doing well

1 to 2lbs weight loss a week is more likely to stay off so keep going.

Carol xx

nell57
22-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Well done 2lb is brill:clapping:

Helen

Tatia
22-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Congratulations. You're losing consistently, if not as fast as you' like. That's really great!

deeb66
22-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Well done Lana

You are doing really well.

I am sure you will get your half stone award next week.

Keep up the good work!