PDA

View Full Version : Mamammamamama

*donnalouise*
17-09-2010, 07:17 PM
... it's all ive heard all day from my gorgeous little 6 month old mindee! It seems to have developed overnight, as i've never heard her doing this before!!

It so so cute.. but im not her mum! Do i correct her, or just encourage the babble? I've sent her orders to do it at home, all weekend!

judisteve
17-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Encourage the babble, respond by saying mummy is at work?! Prob too young to understand correcting her but I guess you could subtly use your name in conversation too. My 6 month old mindee has started babbling lots too - so cute!!

Oh, and don't forget to write it up as an observation:D

mum2two
17-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Encourage it. It's perfectly natural, dadadada,babababa & mamamama are the 3 first sounds, and don't really mean what they sound like.

Saying that though, I wish my own baby, who is 1 in 3 weeks time would say mama at somepoint!!!

x

Mookins
17-09-2010, 07:41 PM
aaaw thats so sweet...memories of my dd doing this for ages it was dadadadadada...and then finally mumumumum....and it hasnt stopped since lol:D

xxx

Gizmo
17-09-2010, 07:42 PM
same here all I get from my 2 18mth old mindees is mummummummum keep telling them no I'm Joy and I ask them where is mum and they both point out the window and where is Joy and they both point to me then they call me mum again, I will keep trying we will get there one day I'm sure :laughing: :laughing:

funfunfun
17-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah deffo encourage it

bOth my mindees say maaaaamm muuummmyy

i say yes " at work " " at college " :)

Monkey26
17-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I get called mummy all the time and i say "no, mummy is at work" so now all bar one of my children will say "work" or "urk" if you say wheres mummy/daddy??
I had one child who really struggled with it so we would sit facing each other and gently tap each other on the tummy whilst saying "JoJo" or "(child's name)" i think it helped to reiterate that i wasnt mummy and within a couple of days said child was also saying "work" when asked where mummy is :D its very cute when first words and names start to form xx

The Juggler
18-09-2010, 08:20 AM
both mine are doing this at the moment - and other minders with babies same age - once they learn the word they seem to associate mum and dad with all female/male grown ups for a while. I usually do what someone else suggested ' mummy, mummy's at work isn't she'. If they are using it to call my attention for something, I say 'are you calling x(my name)' and say my name patting myself.

It just takes them a while to learn that mummy is their mummy's name and other grown up women have different names.

It is very cute though.:)

WibbleWobble
18-09-2010, 04:26 PM
my two little boys (15 and 18 months) call me

Manmar

its a bit like a mix of Mandy and Grandma!

I love it. :D

They sometimes call me mummmeeee but i always say "mummys at work, she will be back soon"

A is 3 and when she started here she would ask where mummy was and i would tell her. Then she would ask me "why" i would tell her she was at work to get pennies to buy dinners.
Now when the little boys say "mummee" she tells them "mummy is at work getting pennies for dinners"... she is my assistant and a free one too!:thumbsup:

mandy xx

*donnalouise*
18-09-2010, 08:20 PM
my two little boys (15 and 18 months) call me

Manmar

its a bit like a mix of Mandy and Grandma!

I love it. :D

They sometimes call me mummmeeee but i always say "mummys at work, she will be back soon"

A is 3 and when she started here she would ask where mummy was and i would tell her. Then she would ask me "why" i would tell her she was at work to get pennies to buy dinners.
Now when the little boys say "mummee" she tells them "mummy is at work getting pennies for dinners"... she is my assistant and a free one too!:thumbsup:

mandy xx

awwww. thats so sweet :littleangel: