PDA

View Full Version : Contact books

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
17-09-2010, 09:50 AM
My CO (who is employed by NCMA) has told us that all children in our care need a contact book.

What are your views on this?

I have done it in the pass but now refuse to mainly because I found myself wasting alot of time, money and effot on these when parents couldnt be bothered to read them, never brought them back to us, lost and generally ruined them, or they were simply left unopened at the bottom of their bags.

I do a contact sheet for my babies under 1 telling parents about nappies, sleeps and food consumed, But as the child gets older i dont feel the need to this.

I have an excellent relationship with all my parents and have detailed chats at collection time, as well as emails, learning journeys going home and monthly newsletters and parents know they can phone me at any time.

So what would you do? Would you stick to your guns and carry on this way you are or do what your CO recommends?

miffy
17-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I would do what's working for you - you have explained very well why you don't use contact books - your NCMA worker is just there to advise but you don't have to take it if you don't want

Miffy xx

funfunfun
17-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I do have a book for all of my minded children anyway

Although i have good relationships with parents there are often times when parents drop and run !! :laughing:

CHEEKY BEE
17-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi,

I don't do them either for the same reasons, did them and parents never read them.

I discuss at collection time like you, text parents, etc

At my inspection in Feb Ofsted were happy with this, so stick with what you and your parents are happy with.