PDA

View Full Version : What you get for your money

Spangles
16-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi

I am now getting round to doing my page in my welcome pack that outlines what people get for their hourly fee. So far I've got the following - is there anything else that I'm forgetting to put?

What exactly is included for my £4.00 per hour fee?

 My personal time and care
 Use of toys and equipment which are continually being added to with money from fees
 No additional charge for drinks, snacks or lunch
 Time spent planning activities and themes
 Time spent observing children and completing reports
 Time spent attending further training courses in evenings and weekends to ensure up-to-date knowledge of childcare and best practice
 Time preparing items ready for arts and crafts, baking, etc
 First Aider
 Time planning for meeting birth to three and foundation stage
 Wear and tear to home and belongings
 Increased business car insurance
 Increased home insurance
 NCMA membership
 Liability insurance
 Fees for toddler group in Milton
 Petrol for trips to library and park, etc
 Purchase of arts and crafts materials
 Purchase of cooking, baking ingredients
 Purchase of administrative items

I would be really grateful if anyone could think of anything else to add. I've got a lady coming round tomorrow and another on Tuesday so I really want to get this ready for their visits!

Thank you!

mrsbumbles
16-12-2007, 02:42 PM
How about, warm, safe, child friendly enviroment:)

weeteeny
17-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi there.
how about drop offs/pick ups from nurserys, school etc??

angeldelight
17-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I think that sounds brill Lorri

Well done

Angel xx

Blaze
20-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Would you mind if I pinch this?
Tasha:)

Spangles
20-12-2007, 12:53 PM
No, of course I don't mind Tasha - I'm glad you will find it useful after the amount of help you've given me in the past! I'm chuffed that you want to pinch it!

LittleMissSparkles
20-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Thats Great Lorri what else do you put in your welcome pack .... I have a letter that i give to parents condensing everything but a pack sounds fab xxx

Blaze
20-12-2007, 12:56 PM
No, of course I don't mind Tasha - I'm glad you will find it useful after the amount of help you've given me in the past! I'm chuffed that you want to pinch it!

Thank you ....you made me blush!:blush:

Blaze
20-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Thats Great Lorri what else do you put in your welcome pack .... I have a letter that i give to parents condensing everything but a pack sounds fab xxx

I put in my brochure, a business card, my fees policy and items that I expect them to provide - (for little one's). I also include some info re tax credits & a copy of an article about different types of childcare that mentions me!

LittleMissSparkles
20-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I put in my brochure, a business card, my fees policy and items that I expect them to provide - (for little one's). I also include some info re tax credits & a copy of an article about different types of childcare that mentions me!

thats sounds fab Tasha, I do have some brochures and business cards, I do give them copies of my fee's policy and also my child protection one too along with the letter full of info do you think this is enough xxx

Spangles
20-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I include a leaflet about my business, a business card, my mission statement, info about me, brief outlines of about 5 of my most important policies (including healthy eating, encouraging positive behaviour and confidentiality), list of what parents are to provide i.e. nappies, info. re Ofsted inspections, list of usual activities and of course my what you get for your money info.! I think that's it, it's not got too much info just enough to give parents something to look over after their initial visit and get a flavour of what Cheeky Chops is about.

LittleMissSparkles
20-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Thats sounds great Lorri I might give it a go at putting a welcome pack together xxx