PDA

View Full Version : Crb Disqualification..

1984chelle
17-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Hey folks

In the late stages of becoming a childminder and was just waiting for final decision from Ofsted. My partner committed an offence 6 and a half years ago. I mentioned on here before. New Years day silly o'clock in the morning - a drunk guy lunged at him and he (also drunk) hit this guy with the bottle he had in his hand. No damage done to the bloke as such just a couple of scratches whereas my other half had to have stitches in his hand. He was on conditional discharge for 12 months, pleaded guilty under self defence and never committed a crime since. However on the crb this was classed as assault occasioning actual bodily harm..

My partner received a letter today saying he was disqualified to work with children and would mean disqualification for me. They said i can apply for a disqualification waiver (which they are sending out the paperwork for next week) where we have... to both fill out forms with exact details of the offence for them to 'judge' as it were to see if it is deemed necessary. Then they will either accept the waiver or reject it - either way I will know within a couple of weeks. So now just hanging on by a tiny thread - but there is still a bit of hope....

This has been such a lengthy process, I'm really hoping I can see some light at the end of the tunnel soon. Even if I can't be a childminder its the waiting to know as I can't even 'move on' yet as it were..:(

keeks
17-09-2010, 06:30 AM
I really feel for you, it is such a long process and the waiting even without your worry is exhausting. Considering the circumstances it does sound to me (although I'm no expert) like there is still quite a lot of hope. It was in self defence, long ago and he has not comitted any offences since.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Keep your chin up!

xx

Mookins
17-09-2010, 07:33 AM
oh bless ya heart:(

sorry you hvaing to go through this, fingers crossed for you

xx

kindredspirits
17-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Can you not - worst case scenario - request some sort of condition of registration that your OH is not in the house during minding hours?? Afterall you did not commit the 'offense' ??? :huh:

1984chelle
17-09-2010, 08:45 AM
that would be unfair to my partner - if I have to mind a child till 5.30 or say 6pm. He finishes work at 4. It's not worth the relationship strain to tell him he's not allowed in the house until I'm done. And what if he's ill? It's not worth the hassle that it would cause to be honest. I'm just gonna have to sit tight and see. xx

beckyteddy
17-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Hope it all turns out ok for you x

Dare4Distance
17-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh no! :( If they don't allow you to childmind maybe you could be a nanny?

1984chelle
17-09-2010, 09:02 AM
nannying would be an idea - but not sure if I would be allowed to cart my 2 year old with me? I suppose it would be down to the parents.

funfunfun
17-09-2010, 09:54 AM
sorry to hear this its such Such a shame ...............See what comes when you send back the paperwork

Rubybubbles
17-09-2010, 12:30 PM
nannying would be an idea - but not sure if I would be allowed to cart my 2 year old with me? I suppose it would be down to the parents.

there are nannies out there that take their children along with them hun, you don't tend to get paid as well as not in sole charge of their children. But fingers crossed the appel goes in your favour.

bekki0405
17-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Right, I have a question about this. Why on earth would your partner be disqualified from working with children?? GBH or ABH has nothing to do directly with children. This does not make sense, and I would suggest you ask for more information about this.

In addition to this, 7 years ago I applied for a job, which I added an extra A level on my application form, fully knowing that I only had 1 A level, when the job required 2. Sometime later, when I had started the job, I was asked for a certificate, and eventually had to admit that I only had 1 A level. I resigned, but my company pursued this, and I had to go to my local police station. I admitted the offence, and accepted a caution.
When I applied to become a childminder, I wrote a letter explaining the full details of my caution, and assuring them that I had learnt my lesson. Maybe you could do this with your application.

As I say I do not understand why you partner is disqualified from working with children. Assault against an adult, should not effect you working with children. You definitely need to look into this.

I hope this helps

1984chelle
21-09-2010, 06:08 PM
so I sent off the disqualification waiver form today by recorded delivery...now it's a waiting game :(

boageymonster
22-09-2010, 06:45 AM
good luck . i'm in a similar situation just waiting for ofsted to say if dh is "suitable" or not. hope you get the answer you hope for. how long till you know?

1984chelle
22-09-2010, 11:22 AM
they didnt give me a time scale so dont know yet. How long have u been waiting? x

boageymonster
22-09-2010, 01:30 PM
been pre reg since may but have been waiting on this decision since last wk :angry:

1984chelle
30-09-2010, 11:48 AM
so sent off my forms recorded delivery on the 20th sept. phoned up yesterday and they said that they hadn't received them!!! I was absolutely fuming! I went home from work early to locate the proof of posting when they rang my house saying they had found the info - so obviously this means they have had it another week without doing anything and im still no wiser to a decision! Arggh

boageymonster
30-09-2010, 03:07 PM
:angry: :angry: how annoying!! fingers crossed for you. i had ofsted out today to go over dhs ss records went fairly well hoping for a decision next wk x

1984chelle
22-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Had a phone call from Osted this morning - saying we have some good news..Congratulations we have accepted your waiver!

Certificate should be in the post this week and then I can sort out my insurance..almost doesn't seem really after the lengthy wait - but I'm so happy xx

DAWN44
22-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I am so pleased for you, well done. What a relief for you both. You can now concentrate on your new career.
Good luck
Dawn x

Katiekoo
22-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Brilliant - what a relief! Well done and good luck with the minding!
:D

Mookins
22-10-2010, 09:07 AM
brilliant news well done hun
xxxx

boageymonster
22-10-2010, 01:07 PM
fantastic news well done :)
im still waiting on suitibility desicion on my dh :angry: but you have made me see light at the end of the tunnel

carol cameron
22-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Great to see your happy ending. good luck with your childminding career.:)

atmkids
22-10-2010, 01:51 PM
That's great news, well done x

keeks
22-10-2010, 03:06 PM
That's amazing, well done!!! Hope you can get started soon.

Good luck!
xxx

Mollymop
22-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear this it seems unfair. Hope things work out for you x

mrs_scottydog
22-10-2010, 03:51 PM
That's fantastic news! must have missed your original thread so only seen it today. Hope you find some children soon so you can get started after waiting so long. Hx

bekki0405
22-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Yayyyyy:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

1984chelle
26-10-2010, 06:46 PM
ty guys for your support and congrats, just waiting for my mm insurance to be finalised then will be on my way. x