PDA

View Full Version : mindee getting worse

Helen Dempster
16-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I've posted on here numeroustimes about 5yo mindee (boy) and his terrible behaviour. He started school, just half days, this week and today I just knew something awful had happened, as the teacher was letting all the other children out but holding onto him...then the dreaded "can I have a quiet word". Anyway, nothing prepared me for what she said...!!! He had hit another child across the face with a bat!!!! :angry: As well as that, he had had lots of tantrums, throwing self on floor and poured his water from the bottle all over the table (the whole bottle!), and when they gave him tissue and asked him to clear it up, he just ripped it to shreds.
And then when we were walking to my car, he told me he'd been a good boy at school today!???!

The Juggler
16-09-2010, 09:57 PM
honey this is extreme behaviour for a 5 year old. Did you sit down and speak to mum, does he do this at home with her/dad?

Mookins
16-09-2010, 09:59 PM
omg:eek:

thats awful...why didnt they call the parents?

xx

angeldelight
17-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a nightmare

So how did the school deal with it - what did his parents say ?

Angel xx

Mykidsrock
18-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Sounds like there is something bothering him. My own son does things like this (he is 6) when he has things on his mind. Starting school was a big issue for him and he also went through hitting and kicking people and destructive behaviour.

Perhaps yourself, the school and parents all need to have a meeting to discuss what he does and how he can be assisted by you all.

How about a home to school book that marks his behaviour in all places and what he was doing before the behaviour outbursts. Might be that there is a pattern.

As already stated he is not displaying normal behaviour for a 5 year old so there has to be some underlying issue.

I really hope you can get this sorted ((((Hugs))))

Ripeberry
18-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Not normal behaviour at all. Sounds like the whole familly needs support with this. At least once they are in school, they can pick things up and maybe get him refered?