PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the tracker plus from Qed

sarahlorraine73
16-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Just recieved a copy of the tracker plus and was wandering if anyone else has used this and their opinions on it?:thumbsup:

Helcatt
16-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I'd be interested to see too. Someone recommended it the other day but was wondering if it is worth handing over the cash? I think for me, it look quite good in that it seems to amke it all quite easy to follow, whereas I ahve a tendancy to bog myself down

HX

sarah707
16-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Ofsted are apparently not keen on that way of recording information.

They prefer to see you doing your own learning journeys and putting together paperwork which reflects the child.

However I imagine the tracker will be good as a reference :D

linda2girls
16-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Someone gave me a copy and I find it useful for the wording of evidence. I wouldn't use one for each child though.

Linda.

sarahlorraine73
16-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd be interested to see too. Someone recommended it the other day but was wondering if it is worth handing over the cash? I think for me, it look quite good in that it seems to amke it all quite easy to follow, whereas I ahve a tendancy to bog myself down

HX

Nursey education plus had an offer in their last issue that meant you could purchase the tracker plus for £3, no postage! I phoned them Tuesday pm, quoted "Nursery Ed offer" and recieved it this morning!
Offer runs out on 30/09/10:)

Helcatt
16-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I may just try that then! HAving one that I could refer to and quote from when I am stuck for wording might be useful?

HX

Sarahbelle
16-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I may just try that then! HAving one that I could refer to and quote from when I am stuck for wording might be useful?

HX

I have ONE and use it for this. Plus it gives suggestions as to what to look for to meet a development target, which I find useful.:)

The Juggler
16-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Ofsted are apparently not keen on that way of recording information.

They prefer to see you doing your own learning journeys and putting together paperwork which reflects the child.

However I imagine the tracker will be good as a reference :D

I use the tracker book for a quick ref for age/groups areas of learning when writing up my obs and evaluations and writing up next steps. I wouldn't use them per child to record their progress thoughx

hello kitty
17-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Nursey education plus had an offer in their last issue that meant you could purchase the tracker plus for £3, no postage! I phoned them Tuesday pm, quoted "Nursery Ed offer" and recieved it this morning!
Offer runs out on 30/09/10:)

Thanks for that, haven't read it yet! Have ordered a copy today. :)

I have used their tracker books before in conjunction with other stuff and I think they are great.

venus89
17-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I bought it on a recommendation - and the person said you could photocopy the pages fso no need to buy one per child - and decided the same as the others: I wouldn't be using it as part of my LJs but to help my obs etc as a dipping into book like th
e EYFS on IYSWIM

pinkbutterfly
18-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Hmm I just looked at sample pages and they are similar to what I can get for free at my SureStart (Learning Journal supplied by my council). I wouldn't buy it.

blue bear
18-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I used the original trackers and they were great, I find the tracker plus too hard work to maintain for each child (have 6 in EYFS) thye are good for reference, Both my CDO and ofsted inspector did not think they were a good idea for each child as that goes against the EYFS way of working.

I would not buy another