PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats from Asda

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Did anyone else by the red and blue car seats from asda with the 3 point harness? I have put mine in my car and find that it moves around - is yours the same?

I am considering returning it but am going to Mothercare in the morning to find out if I am installing it correctly.

sarah707
16-09-2010, 06:54 PM
That's not very good. I'd take it back at least Asda are good for returns. xx

charlie potato
16-09-2010, 07:47 PM
we've got booster seats in our local home bargains for £4.99 at the moment. xx:thumbsup:

charliegee
16-09-2010, 08:15 PM
That's not very good. I'd take it back at least Asda are good for returns. xx

Is this one of the "nania" (think that is the make?) ones? - friend of mine got one in the Asda baby event but said that it slipped about a bit

-Although I've used a nania (sorry if that isn't the make!) one when on holiday and I thought it was brilliant - wasn't a red and blue one though

I second asda are good for returns - perhaps take it back hun

x

love381
16-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I had a different car seat once that moved about and I contacted the manufacturer about it. Turns out it's to do with the weight of the child in it, must be exactly what it's for - not just roughly age etc. If the child weighs enough, then their weight will keep the seat where it's meant to be. Sounded so daft to me, but turns out to be true! Put a youngy in it originally when it moved, put an older (but still in same group of seat) in it, didn't move around at all! x

Chimps Childminding
16-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Mine seems secure enough. Knelt on it while I belted it in and it doesn't move!

PixiePetal
16-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I got one but have not tried it yet. I don't drive but got it as an emergency seat, will have to try it in DH car

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Mine seems secure enough. Knelt on it while I belted it in and it doesn't move!

I put the belt through but how do you secure it (not the bit where it buckles in). Do ou pull the belt all the way up to the top of the plastic?

I have tried 3 different weight children and they are all the same. I must be doing something wrong.

sweets
16-09-2010, 09:53 PM
i got a nania high backed booster a while ago and didnt think it fitted my car as was loose, but a friend who has them had a go and got it really tight. the trick is too strap it in , kneel in it and starting from the buckle bit tighten each section all the way to the top and bit and really pull it! theres a knack to them but it should go in tight even without a child in. im really happy with mine now i can get it in.

Chimps Childminding
16-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I put the belt through but how do you secure it (not the bit where it buckles in). Do ou pull the belt all the way up to the top of the plastic?
I have tried 3 different weight children and they are all the same. I must be doing something wrong.

Thats what I did, knelt on it and then tightened the belt up. Hope you manage to get yours secure. Mine is in a Zafira, not that probably makes a difference :rolleyes:

Mookins
17-09-2010, 07:54 AM
i got a nania high backed booster a while ago and didnt think it fitted my car as was loose, but a friend who has them had a go and got it really tight. the trick is too strap it in , kneel in it and starting from the buckle bit tighten each section all the way to the top and bit and really pull it! theres a knack to them but it should go in tight even without a child in. im really happy with mine now i can get it in.

we too have the high back, its a struggle but aslong as im by myself so no one can hear my blue language and tug and pul each little bit and then its solid

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
17-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Well I put a heavier child in it this morning and it still moves so I pushed the back seats back as far as I could and then secured the seats in and pull the seats forward to tighten everything.

All was great until the 8 year old sitting in the middle of the two undid them both - grrrrrrrr back to it again :angry:

Thanks for all your help

funfunfun
17-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I got one

My seems ok though doesnt move anywhere :)