PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Tagging System

CMinderMandy
16-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi
Was chatting to another minder who mentioned that NCMA was / is bringing a tagging system for childminders, she also said is was already in place in London and Kent, was wondering if anyone has heard about this or has any info on this please ?

Thanks

caz3007
16-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi
Was chatting to another minder who mentioned that NCMA was / is bringing a tagging system for childminders, she also said is was already in place in London and Kent, was wondering if anyone has heard about this or has any info on this please ?

Thanks

Sorry I have to say it, is it so we can be tagged so that they know what we are doing and where we are at any given time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

CMinderMandy
16-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry I have to say it, is it so we can be tagged so that they know what we are doing and where we are at any given time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Am not sure what it is about as cant seem to find any info on this so thought i would ask here

Pipsqueak
16-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Never heard of it - sorry but i would be very interested to know what its about.

miffy
16-09-2010, 03:10 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That's a new one on me!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
16-09-2010, 03:35 PM
this is hilariuos. if they tagged some of our local minders they'd just beep between starbucks and primark oh and the nearest or best toddlers with the best tea and cakes:laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
16-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Surely it will be something to do with minders tagging children when they are out in case they go missing ???????:huh: :huh: :idea:

caz3007
16-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Surely it will be something to do with minders tagging children when they are out in case they go missing ???????:huh: :huh: :idea:

My post was very tongue in cheek, cos thats what I immediately thought , us being tagged, perhaps we can microchip our mindies :laughing:

Carpet Monkeys
16-09-2010, 05:12 PM
I did read somewhere that they were doing it at a nursery in France - hang on shall see if I can find the article!

sarah707
16-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Do you mean ragging? :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58009&highlight=ragging

CMinderMandy
16-09-2010, 05:48 PM
My post was very tongue in cheek, cos thats what I immediately thought , us being tagged, perhaps we can microchip our mindies :laughing:

Lol that was my first reaction

Sorry it's all vague but the minder who mentioned this to me was vague herself just said " it's NCMA that is doing this, you get a point system 1 - 5, it's already happening in London & Kent " thats all i know :(

Toothfairy
16-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm in Kent & as far as I know i've not been tagged :D

caz3007
16-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Perhaps Sarah was right and it was ragging, seems that our Essex girls have been ragged :laughing: It just sounds a bit rude to me, or perhaps its my mind :ROFL1:

kentcfis
17-09-2010, 09:04 AM
News to us too - will keep an ear out and ask around

breezy
17-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Sarahs right its ragging! I'm in Essex and we're all being ragged!

cabby
17-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Sarahs right its ragging! I'm in Essex and we're all being ragged!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: it seems the NCMA rag you in more ways than one,

Pipsqueak
17-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Is so much fun ragging Essex Girls:laughing:

I was chatting to my development worker - tagging and we were in hysterics about where some people would be 'tagged' - from playgroup to toddlers to minders x house back to toddler group in the afternoon day in day out.
Mind you she'd not heard anything about 'tagging'.
I was just picturing NCMA asking all minders to wear an ankle bracelet or if we;d prefer to be microchipped. - brilliant!:laughing: I was thinking they might ask us all to wear an Orange jumpsuit next!