PDA

View Full Version : I'm hacked off!!!

weeteeny
16-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi All!

Just have to let off some steam!!:angry:
Had my first serious enquiry last week from a single mum with two kids-boy aged 5- to take to school and mind after school & a 3yr old girl full-time.

Arranged for her to visit me today at 2.15, and bring the kids, so rushed around last nite (after the village kids xmas party-didn't get in till 9pm!)scrubbed the house like a mad woman-then she foned to say she can't make it and she will see me after the hols!!!(she called from her boyfriends house)

i was really hoping to get these kids lined up for starting in new year and me being a typical gemini with no patience and being a bit of a perfectionist! it has really knocked the wind out of my sails:(

can't wait to go down to mums in glasgow on friday now to let my hair down a bit and relax!

Spangles
16-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh no! I'd be gutted too! I think my opinion of the mother would go down a bit too, I mean will she be very reliable if you have her children?

You must be so disappointed, I can imagine how excited you must have been (I'm a gemini too!).

It will all work out for the best though, you wait and see!

Cammie Doodle
16-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I would be too , but just think you have caught up with all your jobs. Go and enjoy some time with the family (Im a Gemini too) Good Luck in the New
Year :thumbsup:
June

weeteeny
16-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanx guys!:)

will put it down to experience and try not to build my hopes up so much in future.
am just focusing now on getting ready to go away for crimbo.:clapping:

luckily for her i've calmed down.:D

Rubybubbles
16-12-2007, 08:38 PM
oh it's really hackes me off too!!

I rememeber having a phone call and a no show, so I phoned her up 1 hour later and left a message, no return, so wiped my hands of her, to a year later the same lady calls!! Well I log all ohones calls so reminded her that she was a no show, and hadn't returned my call lol!! The thing was for me, if she couldn't even return a call she would have been a nightmare parent to work with, so on the plus side you got a call lol:laughing:

Emma

charleyfarley
16-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Yep it really does make you mad.

Had a phone on a really busy weekend and they wanted to come on the sunday , my daughters 5th birthday party.

My son and his girlfriend were also visiting so I more or less chucked them out before parents were due.
Got all paperwork out ready.

Poor Charley wasn't allowed to play with all her new toys as I didn't a mess.

Then I got a phone call half an hour before parents were due to tell me they weren't coming and they had managed to get the childminder they wanted in the first place.

What narks me is they must have known earlier than 30 mins before due time but left it till last minute.

I suppose I should have been grateful that they told me they weren't coming really

I also make a note of their name and number when parents phone up.

Don't take it to heart though as this sort of thing does happen from time to time and at least you've got your house scrubbed.

Carol xx

angeldelight
16-12-2007, 09:56 PM
People are so annoying

Keep smiling I hope something else turns up soon

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately it might not be the last time this happens, I have had this happen a few times now and most times they don't even phone to say they are not coming.

I know it is disapponting but it is the nature of the business my other childminding friends have had it happen to them as well.

Hopefully you will fill your spaces soon.

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
17-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Oh!! That must have been really annoying and u had all your hopes up and cleaned and got ready and everything. I think some people don't realise what effort you go to to make everything just right.
I hope things work out in January!
Have a good time at your mums.:thumbsup:

Love sandraXX

LittleMissSparkles
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
i had a phne call christmas eve at about 7pm asking about childcare...... !!! was gobsmacked she was even thinking about it christmas eve

Banana
03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Its a pain in the you know what when this happens.

Hopefully it wont happen again although I think its an occupational hazzard that childminders do tend to get messed around left right and centre.

Keep smiling!!

Im sure the new year will be a busy one for you :D

xx

Rubybubbles
03-01-2008, 06:22 PM
i had a phne call christmas eve at about 7pm asking about childcare...... !!! was gobsmacked she was even thinking about it christmas eve

7 pm xmas eve!:eek: haha I think I was well into a box (I mean bottle) of wine by then!!

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
lo me too ! xxx

ajs
04-01-2008, 08:49 AM
unfortunately we are not considered highly and that is how we are treated
i had one father turn up and meet me for holiday care for his little precious
we signed contracts i gave him all the paperwork due to start little princess (his words) on the first day of the holiday No show no call nothing
took round a bill for the first week but never head anything not a thing.
i couldn't be bothered to persue it they are simply not worth the bother or the paperwork

i am sorry to say though that no shows are part and parcel of our job. be grateful if they bother to tell you if they aren't going to come

i too log my calls and i met someone who came and visited but never bothered to tell me either way a month later she called forgetting that she'd already called complaining that her childminder had let her down and could she come and meet me i reminded her that we'd already met so no i didn't think she should bother coming round again

Rubybubbles
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM
unfortunately we are not considered highly and that is how we are treated
i had one father turn up and meet me for holiday care for his little precious
we signed contracts i gave him all the paperwork due to start little princess (his words) on the first day of the holiday No show no call nothing
took round a bill for the first week but never head anything not a thing.
i couldn't be bothered to persue it they are simply not worth the bother or the paperwork

i am sorry to say though that no shows are part and parcel of our job. be grateful if they bother to tell you if they aren't going to come

i too log my calls and i met someone who came and visited but never bothered to tell me either way a month later she called forgetting that she'd already called complaining that her childminder had let her down and could she come and meet me i reminded her that we'd already met so no i didn't think she should bother coming round again

glad it's not just me does give you a feeling of bit of power over them too mwaahhahaha

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
touch wood up to now no one has not just turned up but im sure it will happen !!!