PDA

View Full Version : Wild child advice pleeease.

jelly15
15-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I have a mindee, nearly 3 but going on 13. She can be a joy to mind and I love her to bits, but my God is she stubborn. She is very wilfull and when other parents collect goes wild, pinching the other LOs shoes as the parents are putting them on, if a parent kneels down she rugby tackles them and if I tell her to say sorry or stop that she refuses so I have to physically hold her back (she if very strong). I worry that the parents of the others might think it is like that here the whole time, it's not, unless she has an adult audience she listens to me. Have spoken to mum but she is the same with her. Anyone got any ideas?

Trouble
15-09-2010, 06:13 PM
can you not give her a longish project to do when parents are going to come maybe a sticker book that just comes out at home time:idea:

karen m
15-09-2010, 06:17 PM
i always make other mindees stay in lounge with a toy or book when collection time and just take the mindee whose parent it due to open front door,don't get me wrong we still have lo that try and come through but i ask them to go back ,think you need some privacy when dealing with parents,e.g them may need to discuss something private or you may have something to say

sarah707
15-09-2010, 08:47 PM
i always make other mindees stay in lounge with a toy or book when collection time and just take the mindee whose parent it due to open front door,don't get me wrong we still have lo that try and come through but i ask them to go back ,think you need some privacy when dealing with parents,e.g them may need to discuss something private or you may have something to say

I work in a very similar way.

The other children are busy watching TV or reading stories and I take the child to be collected to their parents.

Then I can talk privately to the parents and try and make the leaving process as calm as possible.

I find some children go a bit silly and others are relatively calm but they all need to see their parents and talk to them without others getting underfoot.

It will be hard to start with if this child is used to getting involved but a week or so of consistency should sort her out.

Good luck! :D