PDA

View Full Version : advice please

1michelle
15-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Every one

I wonder if you can help me I am currantly looking after 3 boys one 3 and two 2 year olds i feel i am constantly standing over them and watching everything they do as they seem to constantly biccker with each other i have done all the thinking spot approach and the play togeather bussiness but has not worked any ideas how to stop them from bicckering all the time please would be greatfull it's sending me mad.

Thanks
Michelle :(

Pipsqueak
15-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Part of growing up (round this age) is learning to play together and conflict resolution ( think thats the correct buzz words lol).
I think sometimes the more we hover over them and anticipate the behaviour the more we walk into it. If that makes sense.

Lots of reinforcing the rules of sharing, being kind, lots of praising the wanted and good behaviours, sticker rewards, etc.

Polly2
15-09-2010, 03:28 PM
How about lots and lots of outdoor play. I find that boys especially need to burn off energy every day.

Organise some races, play football, chase bubbles, splash in puddles maybe?

sarah707
15-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I find sometimes 2 play together better than 3.

I wonder if you could take 1 child off with you at different times during the day... cooking, reading books, playing a game etc. All kinds of activities that promote sharing and taking turns.

If they all get a turn every day to choose what they want to do for 20 minutes or so special time, you will find the conflicts lessen and they will have less time all 3 together to bicker.

meanwhile you can observe and see which combination works best and then plan to develop the 3 as a group through individual activities.

It works on the 'divide and conquer' theory and I've used it before to good effect.

Hth :D

funemnx
15-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Earplugs!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, not very helpfull, 3 at this age can be tricky, I try to distract them with doing something else but it doesn't always work - if they persist maybe put the toy they're bickering over away for a bit? They will learn..... eventually! x

1michelle
21-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi all

Just wanted to say thank you for your replies still having a few probs but they are getting better :)