PDA

View Full Version : why is it we have ups & VERY BIG DOWNS :(

maryp0ppins
15-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I was buzzing with excitement this time 8 ish weeks ago.

Had twin 4 year olds leave to start school (different school so not to be having again):panic:
I knew about this obviously...

Then 2 sisters after schoolers left due 2 mum going on maternity :panic:

So I started advertising etc etc got a phone call & signed up a new full time baby as from November...
I was yay this is gonna save me from going in the red :blush: ...

another mindee's sibling to start November..applied for variation...got it (2 under 1s)
So was yay again...come the end of November my bank should look quite normal again (hoping)

THEN LAST WEEK

another after schooler reduced hours to just 3hours a week term time (2 full days out of term) :(

Yesterday another after schooler terminated contract 15 hours term time (50 hours out of term :eek: ) she turns 13 this month & mum said she needs to be more independent

This morning had a text off my serial late payer to say her work has cancelled her temp-work-contract (she is never there but that up to her) so she needs to reduce hours to 3 hours a week :panic:

So just when I was thinking things were looking up....it's just come crashing back down again....

I'm almost in tears with frustration as I cannot do anything about it.

Tam's Tribe
15-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh hun, I am sorry but unfortunately it is nature of our business.

Keep being proactive!! and *fingers crossed* you will get lots of enquiries soon!

Thinking of you and sending you ((HUGS))!

Gizmo
15-09-2010, 01:17 PM
That is the worst thing about this job it can all change so quickly, I lost one of my full timers in March and was ready to give up and now I am full with a waiting list, so hang in there and do lots of advertising hopefully it will pick up for you soon :thumbsup:

sweets
15-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh hun, I am sorry but unfortunately it is nature of our business.

Keep being proactive!! and *fingers crossed* you will get lots of enquiries soon!

Thinking of you and sending you ((HUGS))!

crikey i just read that as keep being provocative! lol. maybe that would help tho ;)

its soo the nature of the job up and down all the time, hopefully it will work out good for you soon as you get some new enquiries :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
15-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I know the feeling exactly!:(

This time two months ago I was telling my mum I was earning too much, by that I mean because I am on certain benefits as a single parent, if my profit was too high, I would just lose out on benefits. I know we shouldn't rely on benefits, but I had taken on so many schoolies that I often had seven here at a time and I thought it was silly to lose benefits AND be spreading myself too thinly between the kids.

THEN! I got ill in August and was in hospital for a week and off for two weeks after, so had to refund £400 to one parent who paid at the beginning of the month for her two. Obviously I lost out on all the other kids I would have had all day every day for school hols as I only went back to work for the last week of it. Must have lost around another £400 there..:(

Then I get a call from one mum saying she needs to cut a session cos bursary have cut her money.:(

Then another parent failed one exam at uni, so was off the course, but she appealed and can go back January now......but still leaves me £338 a month short since beginning of Sept.:(

Then another parent cuts an after school session too:( .

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, that last parent went and cut a before school session as well!!!:panic:

I am trying so hard to hold this all together now! I know that come January and the uni mum starts using me again, I will be fine, but Christmas is abit of a worry this year!

At least I don't have to worry about my profit being too high in April!

The Juggler
15-09-2010, 01:23 PM
same happened to me over the summer honey so sending a hug. I'm still trying to fill them but on the brightside my afterschooler might be coming back now:)

nannymcflea
15-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Sending hugs to everyone loosing/cutting down mindees and hoping things pick up soon XX

maryp0ppins
15-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks guy's I know were all in the same boat here or have been, I'm just feeling sorry for myself I guess.

I'm even on here at this time in the day 3.15pm when school ends cuz I have no one to even pick up :panic:

I know I have to stay positive but I have never been this low on the ground from the moment I started minding!!!

:ohdear: :crying: :ohdear:

Tam's Tribe
15-09-2010, 04:34 PM
crikey i just read that as keep being provocative! lol. maybe that would help tho ;)

its soo the nature of the job up and down all the time, hopefully it will work out good for you soon as you get some new enquiries :thumbsup:

Hey, whatever works :laughing: :D

Luckily I have not been THAT desparate yet :clapping:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-09-2010, 05:47 PM
This is the onething that gets me about this job but I am sure something else will come along.

Sending you love and hugs xx

Trouble
15-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I think its the same everywhere not just us :(

i also hate this part of the job:angry: