PDA

View Full Version : four cares in one day

ourmadhouse
15-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I feel really sorry for my new lo starting next week.
she has just changed nursery (after being in her old one for a week)
this is how los day will go,
from 9am she will be with me
untill nursery at 12.30
after school club will collect her at 3.30
untill 4.30 when parents will collect her

iv offered to collect from school but parents said it would be eisier for her to go to after school club??

my biggest worry is keeping the parents informed about the time lo has spent with me and thinking of doing a communications book between us all (if all other settings are willing to wright in it,and pass it on

Do you think it would work, i just feel so sorry for this new lo so much change in so little time.

all ideas welcome!

sarah707
15-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Oh bless her that's a lot of changes through the day.

I think a communication book is a great idea. I hope the other settings do too!

I wonder if she would appreciate a visual timetable - you could take photos of the other settings / her key person in them maybe.

If she has a bag, you could put the pics into a little photo album for her to carry around so she can see where she is going and when.

Hth :D

ourmadhouse
15-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I wonder if she would appreciate a visual timetable - you could take photos of the other settings / her key person in them maybe.

If she has a bag, you could put the pics into a little photo album for her to carry around so she can see where she is going and when.

I think that would be a really good idea, didn't even think of all the other key people in her day (just the settings) this will help her understand who to go to for help in each setting too
thank you very very much :D

anyone else like to add :o

Mouse
15-09-2010, 11:25 AM
The problem with a communications book is that you'll possibly be the only one who ever writes in it! I've tried it before and although I knew the other settings read it, they rarely wrote in it. It's a good way though of letting parents know about los time with you. Leave a book in her bag so that parents see it when they collect her from the after school club. If the other setting write in it that's great, if not, at least you're doing what you can to keep parents informed.

I've had a couple of children who have been to several different settings during the day or week. I find they can develop anxiety about who is going to collect them. Perhaps you could help her learn her routine, so not only does she now where she's going & who are keyworkers are, but who is going to pick her up from each place.