PDA

View Full Version : Help with Activities for 6+

Hayley G
15-09-2010, 07:56 AM
I have 4 new mindees their ages are 3,6,7 &9.

I am struggling with the 6 plus age group at the moment as I have been trying to find out what interests them and they all just keep saying play station, wii & xbox.

I asked them what they play with at home and they just say the above. I am with the permission allowing them to play one of the above for a limited time on a friday as a reward. But the remainder of the week they are not interested in anything else I plan :panic: . They are very physical (2 sets of brothers and I worry that if they get bored it will escalate into wrestling/fighting 0 HELP!!

All children have been with me for just over 2 weeks along with a 2yr old existing mindee.

love381
15-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Lego!! I have minded boys and brothers before of all ages and the Lego is just brilliant. They can normally build/create ANYTHING from it. I've bought sets for my son who is now 9, but I have also bought lots of bits and pieces from car boot sales, charity shops and from Ebay. It's amazing how much fun they can have from it and how they do not seem to get bored of it. Just difficult to save ALL the models as there's not a lot of space here to put things high up etc.

Junk modelling. Lots of boys have made HUGE rockets here!

Outdoor play - muddy normally!!!

I'm sure other people on here will be able to give you tonnes more ideas!

x

boageymonster
15-09-2010, 08:04 AM
hi i have 2 7+ boys of my own and they are exactly the same :angry:
they enjoy lego and magnetics to play with also. could you maybe set them a mini project based on the computer games? maybe designing a comic of there own based on there favorite characters from the games, cooking the types of food they imagine the characters would enjoy ( mario is italian so pizza? lots of the ganster style charachters are american so homemade burgers?) also my two love the war games so we often play soldiers too we make armour from tin foil and dens ect.
sorry if not much help im pre reg at the mo :blush: