PDA

View Full Version : 9 Year old Mindee?

Ben10mad
14-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Hiya just looking for a little advise.
Had an enquiry for a 9 year old girl before school 7am-8.45am
And after school 3.20-6pm.
Any of you mind the same age and have a rough idea of what they like to do.
Dont want her to get bored as all my mindee's are all under 5.
also i charge £3.00 per hour but have just put in place a set amount for before school within the hours of 8am-8.45am at £8.00 but seen as she will be here for 7am do you think £14.00 for the morning is ok?
Afternoon it would be £14.00 also
Do you think im being fair? the school is one that i dont do so i will be squeezing it in with my other school run, the child is currently at a another childminder but the parent has said she is unreliable.

thanks for reading x

merry
14-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I look after 2 ten year old girls and they love hama beads, painting, really any arty crafty things, board games, ds games, dressing up and rehearsing for when they are famous stars on x-factor :laughing: They also love playing with the little ones.
£28 per day for before and after school care would be extremely high where I live, the average for a full day place is £30. It depends where you are, what other local minders charge and if the parent is prepared to pay it.

:)

Ben10mad
14-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Im not sure what other minders charge but i think i will have a ring round tomorrow. The girl will be with me altogether 5 hours a day (2 hours before, 3 hours after school).
I'm put in a aqward position as the school will be an extra in morning and i'm hoping i would be able to fit them both in, but im really stuck in what to charge.
xx

mushpea
15-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Why would you charge any different to your other mindees? I do two schools am and pm but took both on knowing i would have a 'mad dash' between the 2 , my choice and havent charged the parent any different to what i charge the others.

my 7ryold and 11yrold s like bindeez, cooking, dressing up, lots of make belive play, toy kitchen, anything with arts and crafts,,,

Roseolivia
15-09-2010, 07:09 AM
My hourly rate is £4 so i would charge £6 for 7-8am + £4 8-9am then just £4 per hr after school so for 5 hours it would be £22

crazyhazy
15-09-2010, 06:41 PM
My hourly rate is £3.50 but I offer before school 7.30-9am for £5 and after school 3-6pm for £10. I also have a 9yo mindee before and after school but she starts early at 7am so I charge £18.50 per day to account for the early start.

So far in the mornings she just likes to relax, read a book, watch tv, play my ds and have a chat etc. After school she is very keen on playing outdoors with my own daughters who are 2 and 3, do art/craft stuff, baking and also likes board games. I do struggle a little for ideas so will be watching for more, I find she is constantly wanting activities planned for her whereas my younger ones do more free play.