PDA

View Full Version : cleaning...

Blackhorse
14-09-2010, 08:52 PM
this has probably been discussed before but I got myself in a bit of a state over this...

well my house is clean every morning for children to arrive.
that changes very quickly as we go in and out (and although we take off shoes hall entrance still gets muddy for example)
we use plates/cups etc for snacks and I prepare lunch/dinner (my dishwasher is broken at the moment so I need to wash by hand but dont want to do too much while kids are here)

I do a bit of tidying up throughout the day but obviously no big cleaning as I am working and we are doing things or going out.

but the effect is that the house doesnt look too great anymore come the evening.

How do you balance the need for a clean/hygienic environment with the need for the kids to play and have a good day.

what cleaning do you do while children are there?
or do you just leave it all and wait till there gone.

sarah707
14-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I clean up as we go through the day and get the children to help me - life skills are an important part of play!

Then when they are gone I get the kitchen straight, which can take a while but the rest is pretty much done.

I press gang my children into helping keep their rooms tidy and clearing the bathroom as they go along.

If you are struggling consider £20 a week on a cleaner. My friend is a childminder and has one.

She can't speak highly enough of how much easier her life is since she started. :D

Gizmo
14-09-2010, 09:08 PM
I tidy up as I go and am lucky enough to have a playroom but had to laugh tonight had a new mum come for a visit and I have been recommended by one of my other mindees parents :clapping: who told her "I dont know how Joy does it all those kids in the house and its sooooo tidy" and new mum commented on how tidy it was as well, I just have the kids in routine now when they have finished playing with something pick it up. I would love a cleaner tho maybe put it on my Xmas list

sweets
14-09-2010, 09:40 PM
i tidy up as i go along and get the children to help me as as sarah says tidying up is a life skill, i do the bulk of the cleaning in the eve but the toddlers love dusting! lol.

i wash up and get the kitchen straight usually while the children eat their yogurts and fruit as the table is in the kitchen and i can see them all the time. i always make sure i sit with them for most of the meal tho!