PDA

View Full Version : nursery place half day fee?

ourmadhouse
14-09-2010, 12:33 PM
im a little unsure what to charge, iv been asked to look after a lo who is in afternoon nursey so id be having lo from 9am to 12.30pm berfore school and mum would be collecting after school.

what would you charge, just the morning session or a days fee?

blue bear
14-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I have lots of part timers and would just charge for the morning, but it depends what you can afford. Can you get another child in for the afternoon session?

caz3007
14-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I will be starting the same soon and will charge just for the hours I have him

newandlearning
14-09-2010, 12:38 PM
hi.. I'm going to be charging full rate when I do drop off and pick up as I'm going to be responsible for picking up if the mindee needed picking up early..

if your mindee were to fall and hurt himself say... would you be the one called in an emergency pick up situation .. or would the mum? if its the mum you may decide to charge nothing.. or you may decide that as mindee is taking up a whole day's space that you'd be happy with half pay during the afternoon.

I hope that helps and doesn't confuse you more :o :)

gigglinggoblin
14-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I have started to refuse to do pick ups, it cuts the day in half so we are really restricted and I havent yet found a child to fit in the other half day. But do what works for you, dont be scared!

Mouse
14-09-2010, 12:39 PM
It depends. What would happen during holidays when nursery is closed? Would you have lo all day then?
If you would, then I would charge for the full day now, as parents are going to need the afternoon space and you can't take anyone else on to fill it. It would be up to you if you charged full fee for the afternoon, or half as a retainer (personally, I'd charge for the full day).

If you won't be having lo for any longer hours in the hols, I would charge until I got home from dropping lo off at school, so probably until 1pm. It would then have to be made clear to parents that you won't have the afternoon space available for holidays.

ourmadhouse
14-09-2010, 12:42 PM
its so quite these parts and my only other is a after school for an hour, its also term time only.

im thinking of charging £20 each session and nothing for holidays its a little extra from the norm but no paid holidays as such if you know what i mean.

ourmadhouse
14-09-2010, 01:43 PM
oh and its another job center payment :rolleyes: meaning ill get myfirst payment at christmas :laughing:

jemb
15-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I charge per hour with a minimum of 4hr sessions for under 5's. I feel thats fair!