PDA

View Full Version : what would you do with this lil babe?

newandlearning
14-09-2010, 12:30 PM
hi all..

my new mum came in today and said that last night her lil one had a massive poo and was sick as well .. but had been ok since. she is sleeping ok with me but poo'ed a small runny poo at 10am, poo'ed again small amount at 11.45 and a massive bursting nappy poo at 12.15 which went all down her leg. on her sock and all over my carpet.:(

what a mess it was to tidy up plus very stressful as the baby screamed during the whole change, have now put her to bed and don't think its a good idea to give her a processed puree'd lunch when her poo's are soo awful...

am waiting for mum to come back to me ..have left message for her...

am a now feeling totally exhausted.. I've also had two other 2 yr olds here today and feel soo sorry for them that they have had soo lil time with me because this baby has just needed milk, food or nappy changes so for today..
its really put me off my soup lunch:eek:

blue bear
14-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Is this normal for LO did mum say? sounds like a bug LO being sick too.

I'd check with mum what is normal,if you think it is a bug you need to send LO home with 48 clearance after last episode, she wont want you catching it and having to close.

newandlearning
14-09-2010, 12:44 PM
hi .. I've asked mum exactly that last week as a similar thing happened where I had to totally change her after each poo.. so far this week going in bigger nappies seems to have done the trick.. but now even with sudacrem she is really red.. and is now sleeping again.

the mum seems to think its normal for her.. I will have to clarify this again tonight whether its normal for her after each bottle and meal.. I asked my health visitor today and she said it would be best for the mindee to be going on more solid food rather than purees at this stage of development and this would probably help her poos be less runny too.. will suggest this to the mum.. am real tired now.

blue bear
14-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Thinking about it one of mine was like that, eventually I refused to have her unless mum went to the doctor to see if anything could be done to help, child was crying all the time I was worn out and feeling bad because other children were being left out while I was continually changing and feeding this LO

Turned out she has an irriation to cows milk, changed her milk and diet and wow it was like swapping children!!

Heaven Scent
14-09-2010, 01:03 PM
She may be intolerant to cows milk (which is what infant formula is derived from) it is often the cause for infantile diarrhoea. which is what it sounds like this is - I'd give her plenty of sips of cooled boiled water and tell mum what your health visitor said without letting her know you've discussed her and her child with your health visitor - just say you've seen it before or something along those lines. How old is LO by the way???

newandlearning
14-09-2010, 01:07 PM
hi Heaven Scent .. she is 9th months:)