PDA

View Full Version : is it a schema??

sandy64
14-09-2010, 10:14 AM
hi just sat for last hour watching my lo 15mths old playing a game on her own throwing a soft mirror over her head laughing picking it up and repeating i then gave her a book chatted to her she started doing it with a book its been great to watch is it a schema?? ive noticed she throws most toys we have out but today she made it a game :)

mama2three
14-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Sounds like she was having lots of fun!
For a schema it tends to be a repeated pattern of play throughout an extended period , so lots more obs will help..
this website is my favourite for schemas , and I know there have been lots of recommendations on here for a book called again , again which I keep meaning to read!
http://www.dorsetforyou.com/index.jsp?articleid=357248

sandy64
14-09-2010, 11:49 AM
thankyou il have a look later it is a daily thing throwing can get annoying when its bigger things but today she had so much fun:)

green puppy
14-09-2010, 12:14 PM
With my little ones I provide beanbags and soft balls to throw into baskets. We also scrunch paper in to balls to see how far we can throw them.

sarah707
14-09-2010, 05:29 PM
A trajectory / throwing schema is very common in boys - less so in girls, but I have seen a few who cannot help themselves and have to wang things across the room.

I plan lots of throwing with safe things so they learn the difference. :D