PDA

View Full Version : backdated expenses

loopyloo79
14-09-2010, 08:45 AM
hi

was just wondering what to do about equipment and materials that i bought at the beginning of the year as i hv only just started to childmind this month due to a housemove etc. i hv receipts for things over £10 and also hv the stuff written down under £10. is it still ok for me to enter all this in my accounts book for expenses ??? sorry if i am asking a really silly question lol just gettin used to all this and what im supposed to keep a record of and double checking before i enter it all in official book :-)

charlie potato
14-09-2010, 08:50 AM
you'd class it as setting up costs and i suspect it would be ok.Revenue and customs would be able to confirm how far back you can go. Personally i'd check with them and get it from the horses mouth. xx:)

loopyloo79
14-09-2010, 09:19 AM
thank you very much :-) il have a look into it

tulip0803
14-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Inland revenue told me to put it all down on the first day that I earned money as "Start-up costs". Put all the receipts in an envelope and mark it "start-up costs" too. It does not matter that they span 2 tax years as it all comes under start-up costs.

marlee1986
13-01-2011, 09:56 AM
THANKYOU this is a help i was wondering what to do aswell as im in pre-reg and getting everything sorted readt to start as soon as i have that certificate as have a mindee ready to start as soon as, thankyou for your help :)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Start up costs go in your first months trading.

From then onwards it doesn't matter when you use the goods, put the cost down as an expense when your purchase them