PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy disposable aprons, help!

phoebe-alice
13-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I have been looking around all day today for disposable aprons, with no luck what so ever. And really don't want to buy them online as the delivery charges seem to be massive! :panic:

Just no where seems to sell them and I need them pretty urgently as my inspections due and I was only just told they were compulsery :angry: , if anyone could help me at all that would be great.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon Phoebe x x

Gizmo
13-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Have you tried your local Boots thats where I get my gloves, I get my aprons from my Dad who is a butcher- I dont use aprons but have got some but I use the gloves all the time

phoebe-alice
13-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I tried boots earlier with no luck, was giving up by the end of the day just don't have a clue where to find them. :(
Thanks anyway I appreciate it Phoebe x x

charlie potato
13-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I dont know how good they are but you can quite often get disposable gloves in pound shops. Dont know about aprons though. I'm gonna need some soon. xx:)

miss mopple
13-09-2010, 08:22 PM
since when were aprons compulsory for Ofsted? I know they are for environmental health (not disposable though) but havent heard of it for anything else. I refuse to wear them for nappies- madness :rolleyes:

Gizmo
13-09-2010, 08:35 PM
since when were aprons compulsory for Ofsted? I know they are for environmental health (not disposable though) but havent heard of it for anything else. I refuse to wear them for nappies- madness :rolleyes:

Not for Ofsted for Care Commission (Scotland)

have just found this
http://www.basset.org.uk/disposable-aprons-196-c.asp

dont know if they charge for postage but might be worth a look xx

miss mopple
13-09-2010, 08:38 PM
aahh, didnt read the location :blush:

phoebe-alice
13-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Had a wee look on that website and postage was just over £6.00 seems rediculas for disposable aprons. :eek: I might just be a tight git though hehe.

Does anybody actually know a shop where they are deffinately stocked, and not online?

Thanks again for all your replies Phoebe x x

bexcee
13-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Try a DIY type shop such as:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/77364/Workwear-PPE/Protective-Clothing/Aprons/Cater-Safe-Disposable-Aprons-Blue-Pack-of-100?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Datafeed-_-Workwear%20and%20PPE-_-Cater%20Safe%20Disposable%20Aprons%20Blue%20Pack%2 0of%20100

or if you have a betterware distributer:

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=039124&cid=122&language=en-GB

Alternatively ebay has some with free p&p if you can't find them anywhere else

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A3949&rt=nc&_nkw=disposable+aprons&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

Good luck with your inspection

donnagwynne
14-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I found a few in morrisons. You only get about 5 in a packet for about £1. Only trouble is that they are on a clip strip, not a proper fixture, so they could be hanging anywhere in the entire shop!

Donna

Millenium
14-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I have never heard that they are compulsory and indeed nor are plastic gloves. If you can demonstrate that all necessary hygiene measures are in place to protect you and your mindees, you can avoid the unnecessary cost. At my inspection in May, the inspector asked about such items and I told her that hot water, good soap, a nail brush and clean towels were all that I used and it didn't get in the way of my o/s! She agreed that she never used gloves when changing her own children so why should mindees be any different as long as cross-contamination prevention steps were being taken.

Interestingly, I was told recently that there is absolutely no problem in using latex gloves as long as you have had permission from the parent to use them because a very small minority of people have alllergies to them. They are certainly a lot cheaper to buy than the alternative plastic gloves and I know some of the childminders around here buy theirs from a medical supplies company in huge boxes of 500 and share them out. I know that eBay is often a good source of disposable items such as aprons and gloves.

phoebe-alice
14-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Both gloves and aprons are compulsery in Scotland, I don't know how it stands for england but Scotland they have to be used.

And up here the care commission do not like you to use nail brushes as they harbour alot of germs and are suggested not to be used, even in the food hygene course which has been updated recently.

I think I may have to settle getting them online which I didn't want to do I wish there was just a shop you could get them, instead of having to waste time looking around! :ohdear:

If only good hygene was enough. :rolleyes:
Phoebe x x

Blackhorse
14-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I am in need of aprons too...not sure where to get them. I was told Morrissons but I never actually had any luck getting them

do you know any other childminders around where you are? maybe you could all order the apron together and share P+P??

Alibali
14-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I get mine from Morrisons, pack of 10 for a pond. Just ask in store and they'll direct you.

Monkey26
14-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Are you still in need of aprons??

I have two brand new packs (100 red polythene disposable aprons) - i used to own an afterschool club and we used them for food prep but when we closed we had several packs left so i bought them home with me for the older kids but am no way gonna get through all the packs!!

£2.50 per pack if any of you are interested. Private message me, first come first served! Buyer to pay postage please (i have paypal) :D xx

pillows
26-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Are you still in need of aprons??

I have two brand new packs (100 red polythene disposable aprons) - i used to own an afterschool club and we used them for food prep but when we closed we had several packs left so i bought them home with me for the older kids but am no way gonna get through all the packs!!

£2.50 per pack if any of you are interested. Private message me, first come first served! Buyer to pay postage please (i have paypal) :D xx

hi just wondering if you still have the aprons available please i have paypal
many thanks:clapping:

Adiamond
26-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I got mine from Wilkos, I think they were 99p for 3 and they are quite strong :) x x

Louise B
26-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I was on Ebay when I read this post, and found these.....
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=disposable+aprons&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

There are some cheap ones, but you have to buy in bulk! 1000 for £23 works out about 2p each :) I hope I've read that right....xxx