PDA

View Full Version : Re tax credits

KAREN K`S
13-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Just keeping you up to date with my war on `Childcare tax credits` My local MP is now meant to be dealing with the HMRC minister, I will be contacting fraud squad if I have no joy there and my solicitor is waiting to hear back from me as I have given the parents until Friday. Not just doing this for myself now, I want someone to listen to us and come up with a better system for paying us. Heard another amazing story on Thursday from a childminder who received a call from tax credits. She was asked about money she had not declared on her tax form, when she questioned the person it turned out she hadn`t declared sufficient income for the claimants who were using her URN, she asked for their names and it turns out she does not provide care for any of them, got mad all over again so have now sent an email to `watchdog` @bbc hoping they might do something about this.

Mookins
13-09-2010, 02:46 PM
if you need any petitions signing im sure many on here will help with your quest as im sure a large percentage of us have at one point or another had to go through thiis

xxx

Playmate
13-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Good for you. I dread to think how many past parents are still claiming against our URN numbers. :panic:

carol cameron
13-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Too right the system needs sorting out! I still think it was better when the childminder had to sign the form that the parent had filled in with childcare costs. This was a few years ago and while there still would have been a little scope for fraudulent claims, it would surely have been less than the system now.I have no faith in the current system as they don't check enough. I had a call several years ago from the IR to confirm details of childcare for a child that had left 18 months earlier!!!!:angry:

clio0602
13-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Go for it!!! Something needs to be done xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't want the responsbility of the tax credits being paid direct to me.

I have had 2 new starters in the last 2 months and the IR have called me on both occasions to confirm their starting and the amount I am charging - so things are on the up and hopefully they will do more spot checks as things progress

As to the childminder and her number being used - I have spoken to the IR on many occasions (last one last week) and they all say a big NO to the fact that tax credits are linked to our URN's. We don't provide URN numbers to parents and they don't cross reference our Ofsted number to our accounts. Something doesn't ring true on this.

i think that each year the IR should send us a statement of those using our Ofsted number and we should say whether they are still with us or not.

aly
13-09-2010, 07:40 PM
when i got through to tax credits last week, when in the queue, the message says that if there is a change in childcare details then we need the childcarer details from the reg number, person and address etc, so if parents havent our full details they cannot claim as they would need to ask that person etc..

when I eventually got through to someone, i asked if there was a way to check if a certain person was using our details etc, so he asked me if i had her NI number but said no and he took her other details like name and address and name of child...he said there would be a letter going out to her.

so it looks like things are on the up.