PDA

View Full Version : Never tell a child not to say something!!

LisaMcNally09
13-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Mindee 8 said to me this morning "I went in a police car yesterday lisa"

I was intrigued think she had been to a display day or something.

"really s? Why were you in one?"

"because my sister was nearly murdered!"

me: "what???? How???"

s: " I can't tell you cos mum said I'm not allowed"

god knows what's happened but surely I should be told in case of questionning?? More importantly should I mention to mum I know half a story??

breezy
13-09-2010, 02:12 PM
OMG sounds like you should have been told !!!!!!:eek:

Surely you'll have to say something? I would as long as it didnt get child in trouble!!

Mookins
13-09-2010, 02:38 PM
eeek....dont know if id want to lknow:eek:

perhaps wait for her to say something:eek: and if she doesnt then perhaps ring her later
xx

venus89
13-09-2010, 03:18 PM
:eek:
blimey.
I'm not sure you do need to know the rest of the story, but then it might set your mind at rest if you did know?

LisaMcNally09
13-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Im almost sure this is the mindee being over dramtic or maybe the sister had gone walkabouts and mindee has overheard parent saying 'you could have been murdered' or something.

The major problem i have got is i hate it when a parent tells their child not to say something. It encourages secret keeping IYSWIM. Or am i being over dramatic????:laughing:

Tink
13-09-2010, 04:01 PM
OMG:eek: I would definately speak to Mum about this it may be nothing like previously said, but nether the less you ought to find out what happend just to be safe

Pipsqueak
13-09-2010, 04:16 PM
bet there is a perfectly logical and simple explanation (I hope!)

I agree with you about the secret keeping though but its sounds like then the parents are mortified about something.

I presume you are going to ask?

Do come back and tell us