PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg course question

jellybean cc
13-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi can anyone help. I am thinking of taking a job in a nursery as becoming a child minder is taking so long. Does anyone know how long the childminder pre reg course is valid for in case I want to try again in the future.

Thanks

Pauline
16-09-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't know to be honest but I would think that while your application to become a childminder is still on going then the course will be valid. Once registered you don't have to start immediately but will only have 3 years to get going before you will be de-registered.

Hope that helps. :)

kentcfis
16-09-2010, 08:52 AM
it's usually valid for 2 years but this can differ locally however it seems to be the general response in the south east at least.

this may differ if this government introduce new items but this unknown at present

Jazz
16-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I have asked this question as I am due to have a hysterectamy and wanted to delay my Ofsted registration until after the op. I was told that you have to register with Ofsted within 6 months of completing the course or you will have to take it again.

HTH

Becky

kentcfis
17-09-2010, 09:01 AM
In Kent we have stated 2 years from the date of completion of the DHC-1 (ICP) Course.

The reasoning for this was like your example Jazz or being pregnant etc as we recognise it can take up a length of time to register once submitting your application to OfSTED and getting CRB's in place.

pinky33
17-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm in Kent and had to re do after a 9 month break, I think it depends on who you talk to as sometimes I think they make it up as they go along lol.