PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about certificate conditions!

SaijaM
13-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi there,

This might be a totally stupid question, but I just want to be 100% sure!

I just got my certificate to be a childminder :) yay!

I have a 1yr old daughter (was under 1yr when applied...)
Anyhow, does she count in the numbers they tell me in the reg?

As the pre-reg woman said she granted me full reg with 6 kids and max 3 of these under 5yr old.. however in the cert it says 2 under 5yr olds allowed... so they didn't count my daughter in then did they?

Thanks xx
Saija

Mouse
13-09-2010, 12:16 PM
The numbers on the certificate are those you can have in addition to your own children.

So, you can mind 2 children under 5, not including your daughter.

Mykidsrock
13-09-2010, 12:33 PM
It basically means that your daughter is included in one of your 3 under 5 that they had told you you would be allowed. Cos she lives in your household she is not on your certificate, however your numbers are effected by her.

You can have an additional 2 in the Eyfs age range. x

suchagoodgirl
13-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Your cert should say "no more than 5 children under 8 years" and "not more than 2 should be in the early years group".
Now that your daughter has turned 1 you should also write to ofsted to get the "not more than 1 may be under 1 year" clause as you never know when you might need it.

pinkbutterfly
15-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Now that your daughter has turned 1 you should also write to ofsted to get the "not more than 1 may be under 1 year" clause as you never know when you might need it.
You can do it over the phone. My son turned 1 last weekend. I rang them on Monday and got it sorted. New certificate is on its way.