PDA

View Full Version : is this contagious?

tashaleee
13-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I have a baby who is 9m, very mobile and recently teething. Have just noticed white spots on his tongue which Im assuming is viral thrush (cant think what else it could be) - he refused most of his milk this morning (not like him) and isnt due any food for another hour or so.

Does anyone know if this is contagious in any way? Luckily he is the only teething baby I have today but the other children are touching the same toys so I am a bit concerned......

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
13-09-2010, 11:49 AM
It can be transfered by saliva, so if he puts a toys in his mouth and so does the other child it can be transferred

Mykidsrock
13-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Might be wise to give mum a call and see if she has noticed spots and if she has had them looked at. It maybe something totally fine but it is better to be safe than sorry. If she hasnt, id ask her to collect and see a GP. I'd also explain about being off food.
x

sandy64
13-09-2010, 12:42 PM
sounds like thrush which is infectious as baby will be biting toys etc give mum a ring she will need to get docs for treatment:)

Heaven Scent
13-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes get mum to take him to doc's asap so that the child has as little discomfort as possible and can start eating again. Just keep him to his own few toys until she get there and disinfect them when he has gone!!! But don't worry too much its quite common but I've never heard of there being an oral thrush epidemic LOL!!!