PDA

View Full Version : So annoyed!!!!!!

Tink
13-09-2010, 07:51 AM
I currently mind a Lo aged 3 she and my daughter 2 get on very well.
The thing that annoys me is everything my daughter has or wears this lo's mum has to buy the same thing.
My mum bought my daughter a peppa pig coat and this morning the lo is wearing exactly the same one:angry:
I don't mind but my daughter refuses to wear the clothes that this child wears including the new coat:angry:
It really makes me angry. I need to find somewhere I can buy her clothes that she won't shop in.

Tina O
13-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Hope you feel better soon xx

Not an easy one, it's not as if you can say to her " your copying me!!!" you would sound like you are in the playground.!!

Try and see it as a compliment that she is so happy with you she want to be just like you and the children to be the same.

Good luck finding a way forwardxx

Mouse
13-09-2010, 08:10 AM
What a tricky situation. I don't really know what the answer would be, but I can understand why you find it frustrating.

wendywu
13-09-2010, 08:40 AM
yOU SEE SO MANY CHILDREN (oops caps) with the same coats and tops etc in the school playground or at soft play.

We as minders have problems with children all having the same shoes, they have gone home with the wrong ones more than once when we all mix together in a group.:laughing:

But im afraid i would not give a two year old the choice not to wear an item of clothing, she could kick and scream all she likes, but she WOULD wear her Peppa Pig coat, end of story.

There is enough time for rows over clothes when she gets older. But then im a tough mum.:laughing:

Tink
13-09-2010, 09:19 AM
It's not that I don't want her to wear it but when I put these clothes on my daughter she says "I can't wear that it's Amy's" even though she has had it for a while.
The little girls mum has said where did you get that from, silly me said and the next day she is wearing it!!!

mummyof3
13-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Could you maybe make a joke to mum about mixing up coats/clothes as they have the same things? I'd also tell mum a completely different place if she asked where I got something she might get the hint then :laughing: :laughing:

Tink
13-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to look for somewhere else to buy my daughters clothes from, my aunty lives in Jersey and has a catalogue from France i hve asked her to send it me, she won't be able to buy them then ha ha

candy cat
13-09-2010, 12:32 PM
An old friend used to do this ....I didn't have a lot of money at the time as was a lone parent,but my son would always get a few nice bits from next then I would buy rest from car boots etc.....this woman copied and asked what my son would wear on their mufti day at school...didn't click until he turned up wearing the same as my son....I was horrified! She then got quite obsessive so I gradually kept my distance from her! lol

Some people say its a compliment,but I think it's weird!

The Juggler
13-09-2010, 01:08 PM
It's not that I don't want her to wear it but when I put these clothes on my daughter she says "I can't wear that it's Amy's" even though she has had it for a while.
The little girls mum has said where did you get that from, silly me said and the next day she is wearing it!!!

from now on, tell her the grandparents bought everything and you don't know where from!

PixiePetal
13-09-2010, 01:17 PM
tell her you got things from a charity shop - that would make her think!

DD had a friend like that - drove me nuts! I often said my mum bought her things too :)

wendywu
13-09-2010, 01:26 PM
No you need to get matching mother and daughter T shirts or hats and gloves or any item of clothing.

So you DD can realise that two people can have the same clothes and its very cool :thumbsup:

karen m
13-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry but lo would be told Peppa Pig coat on ,tantrums ,soon tire herself out,i was always strict but fair with mine lets face it if you took her shopping and someone else has same clothing on what are you going to do run in a shop and buy new outfit

Tink
13-09-2010, 02:53 PM
My DD is not bothered when someone else in the street has on what she does but it bothers her when this lo has her clothes on.
I have also tried the oh my mum bought them routine and she still finds them, maybe it's just me being silly, it's just the one thing that annoys me about minding.

wendywu
13-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Only one way round this. Im afraid you are going to have to take up needle work. She cant copy hand made clothes :laughing:

Tink
13-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Ha Ha that's it wendywu you've got it, get ready I'll make my own clothing:thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
13-09-2010, 04:28 PM
yOU SEE SO MANY CHILDREN (oops caps) with the same coats and tops etc in the school playground or at soft play.

We as minders have problems with children all having the same shoes, they have gone home with the wrong ones more than once when we all mix together in a group.:laughing:

But im afraid i would not give a two year old the choice not to wear an item of clothing, she could kick and scream all she likes, but she WOULD wear her Peppa Pig coat, end of story.

There is enough time for rows over clothes when she gets older. But then im a tough mum.:laughing:

Hear Hear WendyWu!!

Pipsqueak
13-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I can see why you and your daughter would be annoyed/upset. But take it as a compliment and teach your daughter as well. HER clothes are obviously so amazing that the other mum/child has to copy.

I must admit that I don't like seeing duplicate clothing, not even on twins (sorry if that offends anyone:blush: ). I know at times it can't be helped, these things occur at times though.

I made the mistake of asking my 5yr old - look i bought you a new winter coat today do you like it..... durrrrr he said no. my answer - tough you are wearing it anyway.

judisteve
13-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Could you sew some name tags into your daughter's items so she knows they are hers?? (or write with pen if that's easier?!)

gegele
13-09-2010, 06:51 PM
i think the tag thing is a good idea and it can be a extra challenge for your kid "which one is your coat??"

my parents buy most of the clothes and as i'm french LOL never had too much problem, the rest comes from tesco a ah ah

if fshion is your thing, have you ried VERTBAUDET they have beautiful clothes and once you start shopping they always send you vouchers and reductions.

don't take things to heart, it's probably the kid wanting things. would you refuse something to your daughter because you know someone's kid who has it???