PDA

View Full Version : Curriculum for Excellence

sarah707
12-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Can I ask Scottish childminders please... is the Curriculum widely used by childminders now?

:D

Alibali
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I would say no, the schools and nurseries are just starting their first year of CFE now, so it will take a while to roll out I think. A few cm's have a bit of knowledge about it but we have had no training as such. However, it is going to be really easy to incorporate into a cm business as it reflects so much on learning through every day experiences, just what we do!!

Curly Quavers
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Is that the same as Scheme of Excellence?

Andrea08
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
sounds interesting... can i ask are childminders happy to go with this? and what if any ..changes will you have to make?

Gizmo
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Is that the same as Scheme of Excellence?

No CQ its what the schools are now using, I went to an info evening at dds school and as Alibali says its learning through everyday experiences very interesting DD thinks its fun but I have my reservations
Dont know when it will get rolled out to us but it is for over 3's and by that time they are at nursery anyway

Alibali
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/understandingthecurriculum/whatiscurriculumforexcellence//

Here's a link for anyone who wants a bit more knowledge of it.

There are 4 main capacities which if you have children in Scotland you have probably heard of:
to enable each child or young person to be a successful learner, a confident individual, a responsible citizen and an effective contributor.

Skills they can take with them through life and will enable them to be all these things in each area of their life.

Each subject taught has to incorporate literacy and numeracy, ie even in history or RE, numeracy and literacy will be included in the planning.

sarah707
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Thank you for your input guys!

I had a request to write about the curriculum for excellence but if it's not being widely used I will wait until there is more information about it first.

I really struggle to get any Scottish updates - thank goodness for my friends on here!! :clapping:

Blackhorse
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I guess at the moment only cm's that are registered with HMI and offer free nursery places will have to do CfE (not 100% sure about this though) and there aren't many....only 1 in our area.
and judging by the feedback I get about having to register as a food business I dont think many cm's I know would be chuffed if they got told they had to do it.

I had a wee look at the paperwork/materials at the nursery I drop off but unless it is made mandatory I don't think I will be using it / reading up on it in too great a detail.
Maybe we already do load of the things anyways...:)