PDA

View Full Version : Chicken pox

pinkbutterfly
11-09-2010, 11:07 PM
My daughter has a few spots that look like chicken pox. I will have her checked properly later today when the chemist opens. I only realised last evening and shipped her straight off to her gran as I have 2 other children and didn't want them to get it. I'm just wondering can I still mind on Monday as my daughter will not be here and my two other children are fine?

lisal5632
12-09-2010, 07:34 AM
My little girl had chicken pox and she was here all day so i contacted the parents and left it to them. Dont forget if they have been in contact with your little one last week your mindees may already be coming down with it! I didn't charge one child that decided not to come (but she come down with them anyway)

Roseolivia
12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Your 2 other children will of already been in contact as it's contagious before the spots come out. It's best the children get it when they're younger as it can be worse when older.
I still minded when my daughter had them as most my mindees had already had it and the other one wasn't bothered if the child got it. You need to inform all parents and ask them.

auntym
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Its contagious 2 - 3 days before spots appear and until spots crusted over. So your children are very likely to have it. It incubates for 10 to 21 days so it could be another 2 wk before u see any symptoms in your children. So id ring mindees parents and advise and give choice.

Chimps Childminding
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree, the chances are that the children who have been in contact with your dd before the spots appear could go down with it. It is up to you how you deal with mindees coming or not, and if they chose not to I personally wouldn't charge them.

The thing to be careful of is if a mindee comes down with chickenpox which parents suggest they may have caught from your dd, they might expect you still to have the child. Ok as long as its not a problem with the other parents but could be tricky!!

pinkbutterfly
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I rang both of them. One said it's fine as her little one will get it sooner or later and it's better get it over and done with. The other one will ring me back I caught her shopping I think.

charlie potato
12-09-2010, 10:07 PM
my partner caught chicken pox randomly when he was single and never around kids. He is immune suppressed and ended up in hospital for a wk in isolation as it could have killed him. xx

sweets
12-09-2010, 10:47 PM
one of my mindees is in hosp at the mo after having a fit yesterday! he has special needs but has never fitted before, they are putting it down to the chicken pox.

please dont take chicken pox lightly, for most kids\people it just means an uncomfortable few days but some it can be much worse :(

Tina O
13-09-2010, 08:09 AM
one of my mindees is in hosp at the mo after having a fit yesterday! he has special needs but has never fitted before, they are putting it down to the chicken pox.

please dont take chicken pox lightly, for most kids\people it just means an uncomfortable few days but some it can be much worse :(

I had chicken pox as an adult a couple of years ago, I have had it 3 times in my life and possibly will get it again !!!!

It's :censored::censored: painfull as an adult and I would try and avoid contact from anyone who may have chicken pox for my own sake !! (not that it is possible to do that! but I try)