PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Triple buggy

daytimedolly
11-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi
I am looking for a triple buggy, which will fit through doorways, as opposed to those that are side by side and very wide.
I have looked at the buggypods but am not sure if it would fit onto my present double tandem buggy?
I am going to have a 2 year old, 22 month old and a 9 month old. I do like the T3 jogger triple but it is so expensive.

Any ideas etc. would be great
I am willing to pay postage if anybody has one

sweets
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
unless you are walking miles everyday i wouldnt get a triple if you have a 2 year old, get a buggy board instead. i have one and my just 2 year old mindee rides on it fine and loves when he can just hop on and off when he wants. i like to encourage walking at this age, i know its quicker to have them in a pram tho :rolleyes:

jaja
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Would a 20 month old be ok with a buggy board? as i am in same situation too, and trying to find a cheap alternative xx

rachelle
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I've got the T3 and there's no way it'll go through most doors. It is also very prone to flat tyres so end up having a double and buggy board as emergency back up anyway. I don't regret buying it but wouldn't recomend it iykwim, it only just goes through my front door folded!

sweets
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Would a 20 month old be ok with a buggy board? as i am in same situation too, and trying to find a cheap alternative xx

depends on the child really, they are not recommended for under 2's but if the child walks and balances well and you are not going long distances it should be ok.

Mouse
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM

What about the seat buggy boards.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5031.aspx

I have one of these and find it better than the plain steps. My (not quite) 2yr old minee goes on it & can sit, rather than stand. I did try him with a standing buggy board, but he wasn't very steady & didn't like it. Also, if he's tired, it's better for him sitting down than having to stand.

onceinabluemoon
11-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I think ABC Everest triple is probably the best. They're like god dust though and rarely sell for less than £500 second hand.

I love mine, and tried a couple before I got here

i wouln't expect a just-2 year old to ride on a buggy board safely, a near 3 year old maybe but then all kids are different so whilst one may another may not...

RainbowMum
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't recomend the buggy pod smorph 2 - not sturdy enough :panic:

hayc32
15-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Im looking for a triple buggy too, anyone know what the T3 jogger or the ABC Everest is like to push? I heard the wheels are easy to remove on the ABC but not sure about the T3. Unsure which one to purchase?? Any advice?? Thanks

Helcatt
15-09-2010, 09:21 PM
That sit down buggy board looks like a good idea but how is it to push the buggy?

I ahve an O'Baby triple and while it does the job, is very wide and generally a pain. can feel quite heavy to push and does not go through any doors unless sideways and obviously, the back wheels do not rotate like the front ones

I am trying to encourage the 2yo to be on the buggyboard more often but he still needs a sleep some afternoons and will not sleep anywhere but the buggy, on a walk. I have managed to train the others to sleep in the travel cot quite happily now.

My 22 month old love the buggy board and chats away happily pointing things out while we walk along but the 2 1/2 yo will keep stepping off or wanting to sit down

HX

singlewiththree
16-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I've got the same problem but for 1 afternoon only, 2yr old, 23mth old and a 4wk baby. I need obviously the seat to lie flat for the baby so can't fit a buggy board on the P&T or the Jane Powertwin.