PDA

View Full Version : A big opps!!

emmadines
11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I was collecting my new mindees from school at 12.15 yesterday, headed home which is just round the corner. turned around and noticed we had an extra lil boy, so I asked where his mum was and he looked at me and said "I don't know" here's me thinking "oh great". anyway I ask M who he was and he pipped up -" his mum hasn't arrived yet so I told him he could come home with us" I was like "Oh no hes not" and headed back tot he school. I didnt realise we had one tagging on as I had a handful of other mums behind me and thought he was with them but walking with his friend.
Anyway we got back to the school (a 2 min walk) and headed straight for the teacher. no one had a clue how he got out, there was 2 teachers at the door but there's also a middle door in between classes but this was closed. the only thing was that maybe he sneaked out that door. but anyway I explained what hap pend and the teacher had a chat with the lil boy and his mum who arrived 5 mins after I headed back. she was fine about it and didnt seem bothered at all. the head teacher was in her office when I explained what happened and she said "thank you for bringing him back" I was like awww thats fine but I wasn't going to keep him, I have 3 already and thats enough!!!

awww what a day :panic:

Emma
x

singlewiththree
11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
lol our school managed to lose the a child this week! they had church week and accidently left him at the church it was only when mum arrived back at school and even then they told her he had been collected at church :eek:

bexcee
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I find this a bit worrying. You could of been anyone :panic:

emmadines
11-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Im sure they will be extra courteous - you know how kids can be and what they can get up to in a blink of an eye. they were both standing at the door and calling the children up by their names when they saw the parent so how it happened we are not entirely sure.

The Juggler
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
is he in reception?? they are normally v. careful then. Our Y1 and 2's only have to say they've seen someone but in reception the teachers make sure they've seen the parent too normally.

emmadines
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
is he in reception?? they are normally v. careful then. Our Y1 and 2's only have to say they've seen someone but in reception the teachers make sure they've seen the parent too normally.

yeah they all are

Zoomie
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Im sure they will be extra courteous - you know how kids can be and what they can get up to in a blink of an eye. they were both standing at the door and calling the children up by their names when they saw the parent so how it happened we are not entirely sure.

That is probably the problem. Cos two are there, they both probably self-consciously thought the other was dealing with said boy.

Thank goodness you too him back ;)

emmadines
12-09-2010, 10:18 AM
That is probably the problem. Cos two are there, they both probably self-consciously thought the other was dealing with said boy.

Thank goodness you too him back ;)

trust me, i wasnt going to keep him - 3 kiidies are more then enoough