PDA

View Full Version : work experiance help please?

emmadines
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I have a friend who would like to go into teaching and asked me if she could come here and do a little of work experiance before she applies to help out at a school.

do I need to arrange a CRB?? If so how do i do it??

Thanks

Emma
xx

angiemog
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I have a friend who is now doing a degree who needs a placement. I got her to fill out a EY2 form and I'll register her as my assitant when its sorted. I have only done it this way so if in the future I decide I need an assistant and I'll pay them then she would be my first choice.
I think it depends on how often she is going to come, if it's only a few times then you wouldn't need a crb check. But..... you wouldn't be able to leave her at all with any mindees even if you went to the toilet. If it's regularly then I would fill out an EY2 form then its all official. I'm sure someone will be along and say if I have this wrong. x

sarah707
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I would ring Ofsted and double check on Monday.

Then you will know for certain what needs to be in place.

I hope it works out for you :D

Hebs
11-09-2010, 04:05 PM
nope they dont :thumbsup:

i rang ofsted when one of my friends wanted to do a day or 2 work placement, ofsted said as long as they are NOT left alone they don't need a CRB

anything more permanant then i'd double check

hollyoaksmad
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
how do you get around not leaving them? ask them leave room

Hebs
11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
how do you get around not leaving them? ask them leave room

yep :thumbsup:

karensmart4
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I've had lots of work experience people from our local school and from SS doing their degree's. All that Ofsted asked me to do was inform the parents that a work experience person would be with me on (date/s) and (times) and state that they would not be left alone with any child/ren. If the parent has no objections then please sign and return slip at base of letter.

Karen :D

emmadines
12-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I've had lots of work experience people from our local school and from SS doing their degree's. All that Ofsted asked me to do was inform the parents that a work experience person would be with me on (date/s) and (times) and state that they would not be left alone with any child/ren. If the parent has no objections then please sign and return slip at base of letter.

Karen :D

thats a good idea