PDA

View Full Version : 1st visit from Care Commission!!!

arly
10-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Had a phonecall today from Care Commission officer to say she is coming on Tuesday :clapping: am so excited but sooo nervous. Not sure what to expect but she said not to panic its an informal chat etc.:panic:

Emz
11-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Sorry to sound stupid..... but who is that? x

sarah707
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Sorry to sound stupid..... but who is that? x

Arly is in Scotland. The Care Commission is Scotland's version of Ofsted.

Good luck Arly! Let us know how it goes! :D

arly
13-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Getting soooo nervous now :panic: the lady sounded so nice on the phone. I do not have all my safety things done to house as i get a grant from scma but i have it all written down what I feel I need to do.

I have my policies and procedures which they already have a copy of so we'll prob go through them. what else should i expect?

Blackhorse
13-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Arly you will be fine.

it really is just an informal chat.
she will find out which safety features you have planned once you get the grant.
she will want to see what things you are planning to do with the kids
which areas of the house you are planning to use. If you have outside space, where you want to take the kids etc etc
if you are aware of certain safety aspects etc

honestly, dont worry about it. she is there to advice you at this stage of your application.

arly
13-09-2010, 07:31 PM
thanks for that, Ive got that covered so hopefully tomorrow will go with ease:) watch this space...... :laughing:

Gizmo
13-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Good luck for tomorrow sure you will be fine :thumbsup:

CHUNKY MONKEY
14-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Good luck hope it all goes well :D

Blackhorse
14-09-2010, 12:16 PM
how did it go??

Alibali
14-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Hope all is going well, I'm sure it will be.

arly
15-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Well the visit went GREAT!!! :clapping: she was so nice and really put me at ease, very informal discussion but she was writing away as we chatted, said I was very well organised and had done most of the work already which was good. Just a couple of wee adjustments to my policies and to add a participation policy as thats the big thing just now.

She will be back in 3 weeks times for her 2nd visit as on annual leave for 2 weeks and it'l leave time for my public liability insurance to get sorted out.

Oh and plug socket covers, she actually said to read up on info as there had been a big issue about them not being safe, but I had a read up and its just an ongoing debate some ppl say there safe and others say there no safer than having nothing.

So no need to worry anyone whos due there pre-reg visit. :thumbsup:
And thanks to all on the site for help and info given Id be lost without this site.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alibali
15-09-2010, 06:05 PM
That's great, and it's interesting that the CC now know the issues re socket covers, I had to justify not using them last year. Did you check out

http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

Gizmo
15-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Glad it went well for you hunni not long to go now :clapping:

arly
15-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks so much for that link Ali, had searched for info but hadnt came across that 1 but its so true what there saying,x