PDA

View Full Version : Accredited

TheBTeam
10-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Well i found out today that i have been approved to be accredited and receive the 3/4 year old nursery funding, apparently I am only the second childminder in Dacorum to be this, so all i have to do now is wait to find out what hoops i have to jump through to meet the requirements.

Seems odd to me that as i have met the criteria they say yes without even telling me what exactly i need to be doing!

Pipsqueak
10-09-2010, 07:04 PM
WELL DONE:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That is brilliant

As to what you should be doing - betcha you are doing it already:D

venus89
10-09-2010, 07:23 PM
:clapping: well done
I got my certificate through yesterday. I don't really understand it either :laughing: :blush:

Noomie
10-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I'll be trying to go for this as soon as possible. I've been a teacher for the last 10 years so would really love the extra challenge. What did you have to do to get the accreditation?

J x

Pipsqueak
10-09-2010, 09:06 PM
As a network the assessor is coming out to me monday. cacking myself cuz I am sure I will put my big foot in it somehow.

Mookins
10-09-2010, 09:12 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

well done

x

Playmate
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Well done, I still haven't quite worked out how Herts do this :rolleyes: We were told all we needed to do was fill out out Self evaluation for HQS as we have NVQ L3 and Outstanding grading. Well we did the 'musts' now they have sent us the 'shoulds' and I suppose they will then send us another lot? It just seems so repetative :(

TheBTeam
10-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Well done, I still haven't quite worked out how Herts do this :rolleyes: We were told all we needed to do was fill out out Self evaluation for HQS as we have NVQ L3 and Outstanding grading. Well we did the 'musts' now they have sent us the 'shoulds' and I suppose they will then send us another lot? It just seems so repetative :(

I did the musts and shoulds and am waiting to hear about the next leadership bit, but after the shoulds is passed you can apply, i have just heard back that the application was successful (only 2nd in dacorum apparently) and am now waiting for the NEG number and the good news about what the hell i am supposed to do to meet any requirements!

Tribe_mummy
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
:clapping: congrats x

sarah707
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Great news! Well done you! :clapping:

We are still waiting to find out what hoops they want us to jump through :rolleyes:

Playmate
12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I did the musts and shoulds and am waiting to hear about the next leadership bit, but after the shoulds is passed you can apply, i have just heard back that the application was successful (only 2nd in dacorum apparently) and am now waiting for the NEG number and the good news about what the hell i am supposed to do to meet any requirements!

So in that case when we have done the "shoulds" we should be able to apply to, think we might be the first in Watford (not one hundred percent though) mind you ours are all under 2 now so shouldn't need it for a while :laughing:
We are also waiting to hear about next leadership training as last one was so in convienient :rolleyes: will probably see you there :D

Heaven Scent
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Well done you!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

- Like Sarah I am still waiting to hear what I have to do - apparently there will only be about 15 in all of Cheshire East who will be getting it based on recent responses and attendance at meetings etc???? But not had confirmation that "I's" have been dotted and "T's" been crossed with regard to the actual figure they will be paying us then we will need to complete paperwork but won't be required to meet the Cheshire reflective doc called 'Moving On' or any other quality document for that matter will just need to complete our SEF and achieve a Good or Outstanding on inspection after that Ithink it will be a number of annual visits from Network co-ordinator.

TheBTeam
12-09-2010, 02:24 PM
So in that case when we have done the "shoulds" we should be able to apply to, think we might be the first in Watford (not one hundred percent though) mind you ours are all under 2 now so shouldn't need it for a while :laughing:
We are also waiting to hear about next leadership training as last one was so in convienient :rolleyes: will probably see you there :D

Yes you should be able to apply, I too am waiting to hear about the leadership training!

Andrea08
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
:clapping: well done from me too :clapping:

we are accredited and its nothing more than what EYFS says we have to do.. more on continual provision hence why our homes now look like nurseries lol

the pre-school profile inline with your LA

your DO should give you the details of a teacher that you can see at least every term although in the last 18 months im still waiting to find out if i have one lol

if your stuck on anything give me a shout but ill be interested to know how many parents would like to use an accredited cm against a nursery as work is quiet this end at the mo.. as every school has its own nursery and we end up being the wrap-around-care (GDB)

xxxx good luck and enjoy xxx

TheBTeam
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
:clapping: well done from me too :clapping:

we are accredited and its nothing more than what EYFS says we have to do.. more on continual provision hence why our homes now look like nurseries lol

the pre-school profile inline with your LA

your DO should give you the details of a teacher that you can see at least every term although in the last 18 months im still waiting to find out if i have one lol

if your stuck on anything give me a shout but ill be interested to know how many parents would like to use an accredited cm against a nursery as work is quiet this end at the mo.. as every school has its own nursery and we end up being the wrap-around-care (GDB)

xxxx good luck and enjoy xxx

My husband and i have 4 children that qualify for the funding, all 4 of which are choosing not to use a playgroup, the children will gradually filter into a nursery over the next year.