PDA

View Full Version : Me thinks.........

claire'scherubs
10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm going to have my hands full.

I have just met my 2 new after schoolies and they were full on!!!!!!

I am seriously hoping that this was over excitement at coming round......but

Any suggestions on how to handle them on their first day, do I let me go 'free' or set down the ground rules first.

On a lighter note my 2 enquiries this week have both come through and I am now officially FULL!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tina O
10-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats on being full :clapping:

As for new starters, I would start as you mean to go on, rules from the beginning, that way they know what is expected of them..... I would make sure I had activity ready for as soon as they get in..... then they can get on with something straight away knowing what is expected of them xx good luck xx

littletreasures
10-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Lock them in a cupboard and let them out 5 minutes before Mum comes!!:laughing: :laughing:

claire'scherubs
10-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Lock them in a cupboard and let them out 5 minutes before Mum comes!!:laughing: :laughing:

What a BRILLIANT idea!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The worst thing is on the first day with me its the eldest birthday, so even more excitement:D

Pipsqueak
10-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Set the ground rules so they know what they are.
Don;t expect the worst but start the way you mean to go on.

caz3007
10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
One of my mums is a teacher and she said she was having trouble with her year 11's but decided to put them in the place today and they were gobsmacked, but then got on with their work. She did say to me one kept on playing up and didnt want the class disrupted, so she said she put him in a cupboard, then backtracked and said its not really a cupboard but a small office....I joked like under the stairs :laughing:

Back to your original question, lay down the law with them on the next visit if they continue