PDA

View Full Version : Strange day/ week !!!

Adiamond
10-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Well what a day well week I have had!!

Monday was my birthday, I have 2 mindees neither parents even wished me happy birthday both just said "oh is it your birthday today?" no card nothing I honestly don't know why I am so shocked. Baby (9 months) mum made it quite clear a couple of months ago that it was HER birthday we did a hand print poem for her proved rather difficult trying to get baby to flatten his hand lol. Don't think I will be bothering again :(

What with los being collected early, running late I don't know whether I have been coming or going!!!!

Thursday, babies mum hands me a white envelope yes 4 weeks notice no explanation, I was quite shocked, lo is very settled he is in a fantastic routine he is such a happy little chappy. Today she said "was the letter alright?" I asked if she was ok and was she leaving work? she said "no we are putting him into a nursey" :eek: :eek: and she went on to say he will be around other babies his own age etc.... I was honestly lost for words I think my face said it all, shocked wasn't the word!!!!

I can't understand some people why do they do this? as I said lo is so happy he plays lovely he never cries he is pretty perfect and now she wants to change all that..... I am sorry but I just don't get it ???????

BUT today I have had FIVE yes FIVE enquires and I can pretty much do them all :clapping: :clapping:

AND my brand new conservatory/ playroom has been completed today :clapping: :clapping: x x x

jaja
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM
bless you, am having a crap day see other thread, but i know what you mean, parents can be soo nice but then drop a bomb shell adn except that all is ok, makes you laugh really, fingers crossed they all come off for you

xxxxxxxxx

PixiePetal
10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
wow, what a week!

I had a 2yr old mindee give notice, he has settled well - been with me 2 days a week since Feb. Goes to nursery on other days. All going well then I got notice - nursery opening in hols and longer days - mindee going there instead :rolleyes: Easier for parents to drop off at TBH. Got lovely reference but will miss the little guy :o

Chimps Childminding
10-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear you have had a bad week. One of my parents has been with me for 12 years and has never yet wished me Happy Birthday even when her dd did having noticed my cards one year :angry:

Nice to finish the week on a better note! Hope you get all the enquiries!!! and I'm not at all jealous that you have a playroom/conservatory and I dont!!!!!!!! :angry: :D

~Chelle~
10-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Feeling a bit like that myself this week.

Some people never ceased to amaze me!

Good luck with the new enqiuries x

watgem
11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
good luck with all your enquiries, perhaps the baby's mum feels a bit insecure as you obviously have a good relationship with her LO, try not to take it personally:) hope next weeks better:)