PDA

View Full Version : Just keeps getting worse

hollyoaksmad
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Parents had 1 week settling in period he signed this and he attended that week... then I have been looking after child this week. And day 4 they already want to give notice they said his attitude has changed. ha has eating problems and in order for him to eat i say you may use the wii after but only for awhile he plays with the other children etc..

parent said there worried he is not eating and that he wants to give notice i said well its four weeks notice and he said im only going to pay for todays and next week what do i do do i leave it if he has only been wiv me for 2 weeks?x

Alibali
10-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Sounds like the parents have made other arrangements! As for fees, it depends what your contract says. The first 4 weeks of my contract are settling in and either party can terminate without notice, so I wouldn't charge any more.

FussyElmo
10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Depends on what your contract says - mine says 4 weeks settling in but terminated by every side immediately in this period :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-09-2010, 05:35 PM
My contracts / policies say that parents or I can cancel at any time during the settling in period and parents just have to pay for the time the child has been with me.

To be honest if it's not working at this point then I really don't want the relationship dragging on and would rather finish everything as amicably as possible.

Hugs x

miffy
10-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I agree with the others, it sounds like he's already made other arrangements.

I don't think there's anything you can do except put it down to experience.

Miffy xx

Tina O
10-09-2010, 05:42 PM
AGREE with the above, I also have 4 week settleing xx

MAWI
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Same, 4 week settling in period. Cut loose and run, put it down to experience and move on
good luck

Mookins
10-09-2010, 05:55 PM
hun are you saying you offered a weeks settling in and theyv done tht and now want to leave?

if so they will have topay whatever your contracts say about terminating

xx

hollyoaksmad
10-09-2010, 06:24 PM
yer It was a weeks settling in period that they agreed to and the notice was 4 weeks :(

charlie potato
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I think i'd stand my ground for 4 weeks and state policy but its whether you can do with hassle. how much do you need the money and hassle? That would determine whether i stood my ground. xx

Mookins
10-09-2010, 06:35 PM
yer It was a weeks settling in period that they agreed to and the notice was 4 weeks :(

bless ya in that case they have gone over the weeks settling in period and they do have to pay the 4 weeks notice

im sorry you seem to be havig a lot of hassle going on at the moment :(

stickto your guns contact your insurance company and go through the process to get what you are owed
keep us posted on here and we will all try and help

bighugs hun

xxx

hollyoaksmad
10-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I said to the dad i have to earn a living and that he said well i do to.

But in order to get the boy to eat i said he could play on the wii dad said fab idea now all of a sudden its changed his attitude.. well he started school surely that may change attitude.

and he plays with the other children and does activities arr angry... yup things jus keep goin down hill for me.

I then think I duno if i shud follow it through as he has only been with me 2 weeks

thanks guys :)Xxx

this forum is so goodd