PDA

View Full Version : My 3yr old going on 13yr old mindee

Pipsqueak
10-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I have had P for 5 months now (prior to that she was with me a year when she was a year old through to 2).
She is a bright intelligent child - too blooming bright and intelligent!
When she returned to me I had to do some hard work with her in getting her to listen, to share, be nice in the way she speaks, - to me and other children. She thinks she is the boss and i have to remind her in no uncertain terms who the adult is. We were getting somewhere and it was all peachy - once she realised i meant what I said and the consquences etc.

She has just started nursery and flippin heck - talk about little miss bossy boots/too big for own boots....... - even the teacher commented today that she is cute, bright but 'boy is she wilful' and then she asked how I manage her behaviour. Now ain;t that just a turn up for the books!

P can be a sly little devil, she knows exactly what she can and shouldn't be doing and she will get a grin on her face (dead giveaway), she will then look at you sideways on and then do it.

Think we need some reinforcement of boundaries.... phew.

the on going battle at the moment is her pouncing on animals - any animal and then getting in their face. Thankfully my dogs are very tolerant creatures but she tries to do it to my neighbours cats/dogs, any dog you see in the street. I ended up shouting at her this afternoon on the way home from school.
Like I say, she KNOWS exactly what is expected of her, because if you talk about why she can tell you - unfortunately this is the child you can tell a zillion times not to touch cause the fire will burn but won't listen till she has been burnt.

Blaze
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
She sounds like Grace (though Grace isn't 2 until next week)!:rolleyes:

FussyElmo
10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Sounds like my ds too. Thing is I have found he knows that the fire will hurt him but he doesnt actually "know" until he does it.

It why Im grey :laughing:

janminder
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, had one of those too!!

VINASOL
10-09-2010, 05:04 PM
:laughing: sounds exactly like my new mindee -- so may be PMing you for advice lol

Tina O
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
You just got to love it xxxx good luck with dealing with it all xx I have a new slightly Miss 'bossyboots' 1st week this week but she is beginning to stop answering for the mindees I have had for months!

phoebe-alice
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
I have a new 2 year old mindee she is so bossy, if your talking too loud for her she'll shout be quiet (shut up) or even not sitting when she wants you to she'll bark orders at you, you have to remind her she isn't in charge. And I'm not a dog so she doesn't tell me to sit or fetch.

Where do wee ones get there manners from these days hehe. :eek: I never thought I'd here anything like that from a 2 year old. I know its the terrible twos but I have never met such a strong willed tot.

I hope things get better with you, take care Phoebe x x