PDA

View Full Version : pediatric first aid

chels55
06-04-2008, 11:07 AM
In Wales it is a requirement that all childminders complete a 12 hour pediatric first aid course within six months of registering. i wish it was part of the icp course as it would have been over and done with by now
I am booked on a course that starts tomorrow and was wondering how difficult this is and do most people pass?
im getting quite nervous now

miffy
06-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes you'll be fine - the instructors are there to help you through it and make you understand the correct techniques say for mouth to mouth

You have to do some practical tasks like bandaging and putting a sling on as well as resuss on adult child and baby models ( the bit I hate the most) but you will be fine so don't worry

miffy xx

manjay
06-04-2008, 11:14 AM
In Wales it is a requirement that all childminders complete a 12 hour pediatric first aid course within six months of registering. i wish it was part of the icp course as it would have been over and done with by now
I am booked on a course that starts tomorrow and was wondering how difficult this is and do most people pass?
im getting quite nervous now

My dh and I can't get on one near us until June which will be 8 months after our registration. Luckily our inspector has confirmed in writing that she is happy with this. I have also just done a 6 hour course through my volunteer work for my piece of mind.

Hope it goes ok for you

amanda xx

Teresa
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
i did mine a few weeks ago, it was very relaxed and there was about 25 of us and we all passed, a lot is common sense really.

sarah707
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't like the blood bits but otherwise I really enjoy first aid... the test is multiple choice and you can get some wrong and still pass if you're worried about doing tests! :D

Twinkles
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I can't say I enjoy first aid courses but they're really not difficult to pass.
In fact if ever a plastic dummy stops breathing when I'm around I'll be fine.

Blaze
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
LOL Twinkles!:laughing:
They've just changed the system in Surrey...after you go on your b:laughing: riefing meeting you sign up for ICP & first aid all in one...it replaces the start up grant in our area...which actually works out worse for newly registered minders:rolleyes: